predator quest scope sucks like no other

outlawskybuster

for all of you predator hunters with a small budget do not buy predator quest scopes.I purchased both and neither one was worth a crap!You cannnot see clearly on any power and you might as well go home before the sun goes down.They have no light gathering abilities at all.Les Johnson is a great predator hunter and his mouth calls work pretty darn good,but for the equipment he uses from his sponsors I recommend not purchasing any of it.

Simmons=poopy
lol.gif

Simmons hasn't put out anything worth a crap since the Aetec first came out. Then they managed to screw them up also.

I've no time for subpar equipment. Play time is too valuable.........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunSimmons hasn't put out anything worth a crap since the Aetec first came out. Then they managed to screw them up also.

I've no time for subpar equipment. Play time is too valuable.........

the old WTC's are still made in the Philippines. Bushnell bought Meade/Simmons a couple years back!

I find it quite funny as back before that Meade optics moved 90% of there operations to China only for the BIG FAIL.causing them to dump Redfield and Weaver wich they owned at the time.

the WTC's are still made the same way in the Philippines optics plant! Bushnell does have a little thought process.

there was a good artical in the Wall Sreet Journel back when Meade took a dump chasing cheap labour.

they are back to there star gazers now!

Last edited:
I have 2 old scopes that I have had for years. The oldest is a Tasco World Class 3X9. I had this scope on my deer rifle for quite a few years, and it never lost it's zero, even though it was dropped out of tree once and hauled around in a pickup for many miles. I eventually replaced it with a Nikon, but to be honest, the old Tasco was just as good. I also have a Simmons 44 Mag made in the Phillipnes. It's not on a rifle, but when I get a new rifle and want to see how well it shoots, I will usually put the Simmons on it first thing. It has precise adjustments and good clarity. I think the older "cheap" scopes were decent glass for the price they cost.

When I saw that model come out I thought it was one of the finest examples of turd polishing I'd seen in awhile.
Meade made a mess of the few good products Simmons had ever produced.

i had the Simmons Pedator Quest scope and at first I thought it was pretty nice but when it was powered up past 8 or 9 power evan with the side parralex it was foggy. Sent it back to Cabela's. If I was Less Johnson I would be ashamed to advertise for it. I also figured if it was good for him it would be good for me. That wasn't the case.

I have a few Phillippine made WTC's, and am quite pleased with them. I think they are the only Simmons scopes I would buy again.

kevlars

With Les Johnson being one of the most prominent predator callers in the world, I never understood why he didn't at least get a sponsorship from Bushnell, Nikon, Burris, or Leupold. Instead all he can get is Simmons and Nikko Sterling? Seems like he ought to be able to acquire better sponsors than that.

Originally Posted By: Verminator2With Les Johnson being one of the most prominent predator callers in the world, I never understood why he didn't at least get a sponsorship from Bushnell, Nikon, Burris, or Leupold. Instead all he can get is Simmons and Nikko Sterling? Seems like he ought to be able to acquire better sponsors than that.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? He has used some pretty crappy equipment over the years. Things do seem to be picking up a little for him more recently. The sponsors should love the guy he does a running countdown of gear every danged stand for five minutes.

Its funny I was just talking to Gary "Getfoxxy" about this. Now other than for the $$$'s what would YOU have to do to make money in a case like this? Could you actually convince others to buy garbage? Would you, Could you try and convince others to try trash for equipment? You need the scent killer, you need this rifle/scope even though it may be sub par? I understand how endorsements work to a limited degree, but as soon as word gets out that you are backing bogus merchandise, I'd think that you would start to fail. I'd sure like to see through HIS personal scope that he impresses folks with on the TV show, and see if its the same as what we are offered from Simmons. How long until we see the "Ruffy Dog" calls in the bargain bin at Walmart? What do you all think?

You know where I stand Grant
wink.gif
Theres no way I could go in front of the Entire World and..hmm How can I put this so it dosent' sound so bad.....LIE..

Maybe like Grant suggests his scope is above the norm for the particular line.

With having said that, I have no experience with Predator Quest Scopes. But after reading this thread the general opinion suggests they are junk so I suppose in short..I couldnt bring myself to do what Les Jonhson and probably several others are doing.

Back