Affordable light weight rifle scopes

sqdqo

Who makes best lightweight affordable hunting scopes? I have a light weight rifle and need a scope. I want to keep it as light as possible. Clarity and dusk/dawn advantage are important. Looking for a variable type.

Buy a Redfield from Ebay...ONLY if its a "Buy it now" sort of thing. 2 x 7 and 3 x 9 you can find some REAL bargains if you watch. Only buy New and from a dealer.

Scotts94:

Yah, my Leupold 3-9X Compact is a 33mm objective; so old they have changed the name now to Ultralight ...and the lenses now are multicoated, mine may/may not be as it was purchased about the time Leupold switched to multicoat (early 90s).

Its a great scope for my Model 7 in 22/250 (custom barrel/chambering in that caliber).

Last edited:
Quote: Nikon Prostaff series or Bushnell has a dusk & dawn series. Own both, both work great, Nikon seems to be a touch clearer though.

My exact experience also.

I have a Nikon prostaff 4-12 x 40 mildot on my Axis 223. That scope is so light it almost feels fragile. Has held up well though. My buddy has the same model on his 25-06 ad 22-250 and neither have lost zero.

Don't know if this scope has enough power for you, but Natchez still has some of the Nitrex TR1 1.5-5x32mm scopes for $130.....very good optics in it. 3-9 powers available for $140-150.

Back