Which shooting stix do you prefer

guess I should have read the other post a bit better.
smile.gif

Plus one for the BOGs.

I use on a strap off an ATV gun rack w/ a zip tie to attach the sticks to my rifle when necessary. Works okay in certain situations.

ShootingSticks.jpg

I replied to the other thread, but what the heck; I'll jump on the wagon! I also use BOG Gear. I have the BOG-POD CLD-2. No complaints
thumbup1.gif
!

Arden

Originally Posted By: DiogeeWell the BOG's sure seem popular

I made a post like yours a while back, and then; the BOGs got the least number of recommendations. BUT, I liked them; so bought them anyway. I like them, and it seems like others do too now. LOTS of guys make their own shooting sticks and do very well with them. I tried that; and just didn't like them for where I hunt. Nothing I hunt is flat. I'm either sitting on a hill or something un-even. Lots of times with the BOGs, I have one leg adjusted longer than the other. Love the adjustability. ONLY drawback to me is that they are expensive; but I like them.

Arden

Since buying this thing I have not wished for anything else. Easily adjustable, very versitile with 360 degree rotation capability and sturdy.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Stoney-Point-Rapid-Pivot-Bipod/741582.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dstoney%2Bpoint%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=stoney+point&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

The bog pods are expensive but they looked so sturdy I decided to spring for a tripod set. I have only had them out once and din't get any shooting but they were steady. Ithink it really matters how and where you hunt. I like them when I am using a stool to see over the vegetation. If you are sitting on the ground the shorter shooting sticks would work ok. I like to have the shotgun ready and the rifle next to me if its a long range shot. Ive been burned too many times going with one or the others where I hunt.

A member here sent me a bipod a couple of years back being a Vanguard scout B62.

HIGHLY RECOMEND THEM.

Light weight, able to be used seated or standing. Able to be ajusted to any height between and to suit uneven ground.

MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO MY STRIKE RATE. AND CHEAP TO BUY.
DSC00235.jpg

I've used predator sniper styx for the the past 6 years. Same pair for the last 4, the first pair was fine- my boy just left them on a stand and I never could find them. He was only 7 so it was to be expected. Those Bog sticks are interesting. I don't know about all that red. Probably doesn't much matter.

Back