Gunner and Dixie are parents!

Guys I can't explain why it works nor can My Vet Friend, He said he learned the Trick while in College and working with pigs, and it always worked with the Sows when they would have to take on extra Pigs.

Larry, That's a good tip. I'll give it a try. That's what I love about these boards. Sharing useful information with others. Appreciate ya!

Thanks...Tony

Tony,

You are gonna be super busy, I know you are up to the challenge. Those lacey pups have some neat coloring. I can't wait for them to get bigger and fur in their mouths.

The tip about feeding the dog puppy chow is a good one. I did that in high school to my female and still do the same. Seems to get them ready, but them pups are hard on them.

Good luck with all the pups Tony.

Well, Dixie had gone completely dry and I've been bottle feeding the pups 100%. This is a repeat of last year, all over. They were doing good, up till 2 days ago. They started going down hill. Lost one yesterday, one last night, and the entire litter today. 8 pups down the drain in 2 days!
frown.gif
Shows signs of parvo at 2.5 weeks old! Arghhh!!!

To those that were on the list for Dixie/Gunner pups, I am really sorry. I tried my best. This is the 2nd attempt and now I am considering on just getting Dixie fixed and using her on stands all year long.

Tony

Thanks guys. I was getting pretty attached to the little suckers, bottle feeding them all day and night. I guess she isn't meant to be a momma.

Tony

Tony, for what it's worth spray down your property with plain old bleach with a miracle grow type hose attachment. A vet told me of this treatment years ago when my lab got it. Sorry about the pups, I hate that news.

Sorry to hear that Tony, I know you did a number on your place last time trying to get rid of that nasty stuff. Best luck with the other litter buddy.

Thanks guys. I'm not sure if it was parvo or not. I had them in a wire kennel in my house. All were doing fine, very good appetites and growing good. I guided hunters last week and left others in charge of their care. I noticed they started acting different, and looking dehydrated. Tried to double the amount of milk replacement to them, but had to force feed most of them. Then they started dropping like flies. No signs of bloody scours, that you typically see with parvo. Total repeat of last year with this litter.

Tony

Tony, that is a real bummer. That hurts me and they weren't even mine. I was real fortunate when I used to raise a lot of beagles. I always gave the bitches Milkade starting about a month before they were due to whelp and they always had lots of milk and no problems. Of course that doesn't necessarily apply to your situation. Sure sorry for your loss.

Tony,
Times like this are when its hard to be self employed. I'm sure that beyond the "love of the game", you were also needing that money for other things for your business. Good luck man. I hope things turn around for you
DaFUnk

Back