ordering a g4

I think it is the yellow 2nd from the right. That is what I put in mine and it seems to be fine. I just mounted it on my rifle and I could see a deers complete body at 250 yards.
It did not seem to bother the deer it fed and went on its way. The neighbors cat ran down the road with it dead between its eyes thinking the caller was a rabbit in distress.

Originally Posted By: xARS21 Hello-
i have a g4 light looking to order gel sheets. Is the sheet on the left (the pinkish one) the amber i am looking for?

-thanks
ebay

No it's the one they call orange, second from right.

Originally Posted By: 223 remingtonadl
Just received the G4 and the packet of yellow paper this morning. Installed the yellow paper and it is awesome, far brighter than my Surefire and made better than I expected. Just tried to order 1 more G4 and they are out till Thursday. Thanks for all your help rynokron.
I can't take any credit. The little I know about lights has com from reading the threads here in this section. My gel paper showed up today. I will try to get some pics up, mabey this weekend.

Ok. ill have to order some. Do you guys use one layer of gel paper? or more
Also, what is a good mount for my g4 to attach to my scope tube?

-thanks

Last edited:
Didn't take any pics yet. My results are the same as everyone else. The red gel killed the light, so I went with yellow. Works great, nice and bright. Tried to take a pic through my scope, almost impossible. My ultrafire 501 showed up today. Not as bright as the G4, but will make a good shotgun light.

OK, fresh off the charger they are 4.2 instead of 3.7 volts. I'm not sure if that would burn up a lite. I'm afraid to put them in and try it out.

Originally Posted By: yotesniper13My ultrafire 501 with the red led works great as a scanning light but I don't think it is bright enough to shoot with.

Took mine outside last night. Will ID out to 50 yards or so. Good enough for me for a shotgun. Any farther than that I'll use my rifle.

Back