BUSHMASTER PETITION

#3117. This is starting to get out of hand. I'm not so sure it so much a matter of greed as it is a result of an entitlement mentality that has been fostered in this country.

Examples include the afore mentioned McDonald's and Tobacco company lawsuits, the Cities that have sued the gun manufactures for cost incurred by shooting victims and last but not least the Slave Reparation movement. Everybody thinks somebody else OWES them something. This has resulted from over a generation of what I call the Welfare State .

The really scary part to me is that they always seem to find 12 people to agree with them.

Yellow
I tend to agree to a point....but there is something even more ugly here to my mind.

These families are understandilby grief stricken. Emotionionally hollowed out, by the terrible turn of events. I would imagine that a sense of closure is not yet.

They want somebody, anybody, to DO something for them. What that thing is, is actually irrelevant.

Enter a lawyer, not the upstanding type, but the type who practicies hit-and-run litigation, both for the cash and the press.

He KNOWs all about the constitution, the laws, etc...but could give a god-damn less. But he is right there, in that families darkest hour, with all sorts of promises, and no-fees up front.

A Savior.

I went through this with my accident. The day after the wreck, I got a letter in the mail from an attorney.

The first line: "Now that you have been seriously injured in an automobile accident,....."

I wasnt seriously injured. Nobody was harmed at all. But this guy flipped open the morning paper, and had his secretary fire off a form letter.

Now lawyers do have a purpose, as the dance with the insurace company progressed, I was thinking of hiring one, in the end I did not have to.

I wish that there was more emphasis on the code of ethics that lawyers take when admitted to the bar.

Blatent publicity hounding and ambulance chasing gives the whole profession a bad name.

And results in crap like this.

#4075 This is an outrage and I do not even own a bushmaster. I dont even like any of the M-16 rip off's but I do like all of the guns that I do have. If I commit a crime with them, I was the one that did, not the tool that I used. I might just go out and buy one now to help the company.

I did not sue Toyota when my brother got ran over by a drunk driver and I did not sue Jack Danials or the bar that he got drunk in or even his wife for locking him out of the house. I sued HIM. I still dont see anybody filing against FORD, GM, or heaven forbid BMW for the thousands of people every year that there cars kill in DUI accidents. DUI's kill more every year than all the guns in the US combined.

It is a shame when a product works as advertised and the maker still gets sued. I wish I had the money to sue all of the people who made stuff that does not work as advertised (that I was dumb enough to buy).

Has anybody brought it to there attention to sue the maker of the car that they were sniping out of? What about the maker of the ammo or the scope on the rifle. Hell, if all they want to do is sue sombody then they might as well sue George Washington for leading us to a free country where we can leagly own and buy guns.

Back