The Everything AR Info Thread

Originally Posted By: Nor'easterFirst, thanks to all who put the hard work in with all the AR threads. Unfortunately I can't get to any of the links. I'm new to the AR and looking to buy one in the near future. Sure would have been educational and helpful. A bunch of them are on page 3 of this thread

Yes, it seems that the links to PM threads do not work now. If I figure right, the forum website address was changed a bit, and the old links are not valid now.

I just bought a DPMS 'Oracle' entry level AR & it is my first AR type rifle. Man I have a lot to learn.
This thread is just what I'm looking for.
By the way, does anyone here have any experiance with the model I have? Accuracy, reliability, etc.? My max range, guesstimate, would be 250 yds or less. I've mounted a 3x9 Pentax Pioneer scope with Burris tactical rings. Gonna load up some 55 gr. Varmint Nitemare bullets over some Varget & see whats what.
Thank you 'Furhunter' for sum very helpful info.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Some of these links take me to a page that says

"please visit our new forums"

Specifically I was trying to read the thread "bolts vs Ar's"

Thanks for any help and additional info!

I put together a list of links for building an AR for about as cheap as possible from different online retailers. Its a pretty quick way to find the cheapest places to find all the different parts and goes through a parts schematic from Midway so you don't miss any parts.

AR-15 Build Link

5219B406-5363-4965-BC5B-357E85E02A58-1094-0000020E5AA91E34.jpg

Originally Posted By: varmint917vI put together a list of links for building an AR for about as cheap as possible from different online retailers. Its a pretty quick way to find the cheapest places to find all the different parts and goes through a parts schematic from Midway so you don't miss any parts.

AR-15 Build Link

Is this link dead?

Originally Posted By: FurhunterThat should be about enough for one day.

Anyone have anything else they want to add?

I don't know if this is in there anywhere but it's a heads up....http://bearingarms.com/300-blackout-in-a-223-wylde-ar-15-kaboom/2/

I have also used the junkyard genius method along with a trigger adjustment screw to take it the creep and it made for a nice hunting trigger that is very consistent pull

Back