Arizona coyote hunting locations

jason.zins

I am new to arizona i moved here 5 months ago and i have attempted to go coyote hunting a couple of times with no success...
sneaky2.gif
I have hunted in the tonto national forest along highway 87, but there are always why too many atvs playing around from all directions.... I have also tryed off of highway I17 on table mesa road... way off the beaten path about 40 min deep into that area past the first river corssing and back by the cow pen... the only problem with that area is how thick it is... it was really hard to find an open enough area to set up in. But i was wondering if anyone else has any other areas i could try to hunt, or better yet if anyone would want to go out and hunt, or show me around the area...

Jason

Hello I am from bagdad about 2 hours north west of glendale but my inlaws live in buckeye and I have seen some good looking spots out on the north side of I10 kinda towards the wickenburg area. I am not sure they are gonna work but I have always wanted to hunt that area.

Jason,
Unfortunately with over 4 million people living in the phoenix metro area, you have to drive out a little ways to get to any good spots. Always check to make sure you're not on private property but drive from wickenburg towards wikiup and you'll find some [beeep] good areas in there.

Originally Posted By: Outlaw87Hello I am from bagdad about 2 hours north west of glendale but my inlaws live in buckeye and I have seen some good looking spots out on the north side of I10 kinda towards the wickenburg area. I am not sure they are gonna work but I have always wanted to hunt that area.

I hammered that area hard at the end of the season. Provably too hard actually. Its an awesome area though. We've killed coyotes, fox, and a bobcat in there. That's actually the spot where I called in six on one stand. They were sitting up on the elevated road that runs the CAP trying to figure out how to get to us. Hopefully it cools down before my bud comes out from Virginia in November. I just gotta leave it alone til then.

I did not think you could really go wrong in any area in southern AZ. That place is a coyote mecca!

Last edited:
Get with the local clubs.

XPC (Xtreme Predator Callers) meets not far from your home and has several great members. Great club, nice guys and a general good time is had whenever dealing with the XPC guys. They are of course excellent hunters as well. Kelly Lewis is the president and he would be glad to have you I'm sure.

http://xtremepredatorcaller.com/

PVCI (Phoenix Varmint Callers Inc.) meets off 19th Ave and Greenway in North Central Phoenix. Wealth of knowledge in this club, little more formal then the others but they are active in the hunting community and organize a ton of events during the year. Rich Higgins is the current president and I know he would love to have you.

http://www.pvci.org/

APC (Arizona Predator Callers) meets in Mesa off Stapely and Main. This is the club I was a member of (still am actually) mainly due to it being the closest to me. Scott Francom is the current president and like the others I'm sure he would welcome you should you choose to make that drive.

http://azpredatorcallers.proboards.com/

You cant go wrong with any of the above clubs. They all have great members with a ton of predator hunting experience. Many members of this forum are also members of these clubs. Many members of one club are also members of the to other clubs. There are multi club events including the big multi club hunt contest we do every year. Getting involved with one or more of these clubs will help you to meet people that know the area and will get you out into the good spots.

Good luck and good hunting.

-Andrew Kerns

Back