best kill light for shotgun and for scanning..(sorry)

beagler, nice setup. What color light is that and what color dot on the scope? I've been wondering how a red dot works with the red light.

In the woods with a shotgun...you have very little time..the majority of the time...i hunted years ago with a friend who had that same setup...but had the primos shotgun light mounted under his barrel...

my nephew would go with us he used a single barrel with a headlamp and looking down the barrel with a headlamp turned slightly on your head...their isnt a faster more accurate way.... to kill a predator....JMO..based on field time..use...turkey hunting i would use the red dot no problem there...

The gun is up..you are already looking down the barrel ...by the time you turn your light on...try to find the predator in the scope...the hunter standing beside you with the headlamp can easily kill that predator faster and with less hassel...and less possibility of a mistake being made..i've seen this happen time and time again...

A fox came into ten yards dead run and my buddy couldnt get it in the scope...by the time he did the fox was in super high gear...

Originally Posted By: unloadedbeagler, nice setup. What color light is that and what color dot on the scope? I've been wondering how a red dot works with the red light.
Red light and red dot (varying intensities), no problems whatsoever.

2010ppha.jpg

I currently use a 100 model for shotguning and scanning. I prefer the 250 for my shooting light when breaking out the rifle. All these were taken with the Kill Light. I had one all season that appeared to be light shy out of my whole entire season thats it. It still died just at a little farther distance. That was a fun hunt J. WEB we will have to get out again!

Kirk McKendree

I love my xlr-250 kill light. I use it on the shotgun and on my rifle. You wont find a better red light. I scan with the xlr-100 in my hand. I guess I should get a hat mount for it.

Yotesniper
The hat attachment for the 100 is sweet. Its nice to have your hands free when calling. Check out Boondock Outdoors for their hat attachment system.

Kirk McKendree

Back