Rabbit hunting in Utah - Where?

Scott B.

Hey guys, specifically DAA and RANUTAH, I am in charge of the young mens group for our church. The boys (16-18 yrs) have expressed a desire to go rabbit hunting here in Utah. I know a couple of places like around Stocton, south of Tooele. The Delta area is a bit far to go, Box Elder county gets hunted to death. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It will be the first hunting experience for some of these boys and I would like it to be fun. If you have any suggestions for an area within a 2 hr. drive, I would like to hear about it. I just haven't paid attention to the rabbit cycle for the past few years. :rolleyes: Duh.

Thanks for any help you could gove me, I know the boys will appreciate a fun day of hunting. Nothing spells fun better than seeing the quarry.

Thanks agian,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Scott

I haven't been out rabbit hunting at all yet this year, and haven't noticed very many in the places I've been coyote hunting. The Stockton area is always good for a few, but it too gets hunted very hard - I can't imagine Box Elder county getting pounded any harder than it does.

- DAA

ScottB, I was thinking about the Stockton area as well and maybe a bit farther south and west.

One thing that caught my eye was that you stated that this would be probably a first for many of these boys. For one, that's great, my hat is off to you for taking them out. My question is have any one them been through hunter safety yet? Thats really another good way to help carry on the tradition and getting them started right.

Scott-

I'd try the Faust area, myself. Stockton is close to there as well. What about all that BLM land just off the road between Fairfield and Faust? Might be a possibility to pop a few jacks there. Like the DAA and RanUT said, Tooele county gets hit just as hard as Snowville and the rest of BE county.

Good luck wherever you decide to go.

Thanks for the info guy's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sounds like we are all on the same page. I think if I head out past Penny's bar, past the correctional fascility and on to Faust, I should be able to hunt east or west of HWY-6. I don't think I will go as far as Vernon but we should have fun.

In answer to your questions about Hunter Safety. One of the boy's father is one of the Hunter's Safety Officers for this area and is constantly drilling the boys about getting their permit.

I fear I will have my hands full making sure nobody gets shot in the butt. Greenies and guns, Oh boy!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Scott

Be careful around the faust area alot of it has been post no shooting for the atv's and bikes. If u want drive alittle farther you could get on the old pony express trail and head west. like everything Ive had good and bad luck out there depending on the day. GOOD LUCK!

Back