Gunner and Dixie are parents!

W2B has been monitoring this thread closely and can't wait for the pics. Not even married yet and she wants to get back from the honeymoon so it will be closer to the pups arrival.

Hope all turns out well.

Steve

Originally Posted By: Uncle_SteveW2B has been monitoring this thread closely and can't wait for the pics. Not even married yet and she wants to get back from the honeymoon so it will be closer to the pups arrival.

Hope all turns out well.

Steve

Holy smokes! Thats impressive, you better keep her.

Hey Tony, good luck with them pups hope it works out. I know your gonna have your hands full. I hope Gunner is feelin better. Brian

Tony, I just saw your post, if it was my dog I would shoot her with tetrocyclene (sp?) And rub cocoa butter into her bag. Make sure to keep the milk flowing from her. I have let tHe pups keep on nursing, and never hurt them, I know other guys who also have. But worst case get down there and milk her like a Tiny cow, or a Goat (Tim can help you with this process, I hear he has lots of experience!haha) but seriously, if you do this, it should pass, and clear up in three or four days, and be right as rain.

I highly appreciate the advice. One breast got hard as a rock, by the time I found it and milked out puss and blood. The other teets all had blood in the milk. The hard breast finally split open on the sides and leaked out everywhere like a boil would. She's been on penicillin for 4 days now and the milk cleared up. Still bottle feeding and letting them nurse on her, not wanting to take any chances.

Brian, Gunner's cough is seeming to clear up. I'm hoping it was just a grass seed down in the lungs. Wouldn't be the first time for him, while decoying.

I'll get pics soon Steve. Inlaws just left after 1.5 weeks of visiting/staying with us. Live will get back to normal now.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks guys.

Tony

Tony, dont pay no attention to Jesse. I think he smokes crack LOL. I dont milk goats, I just sell them to the Africans who like to eat them LOL. Just ran out two days ago, have to go next week to get some more.

Tim

Yeah, I understand. You know those Yupper-turned-Okie-turning back to-Yupper's. The ones that want to rub cocoa butter on bags....
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeYeah, I understand. You know those Yupper-turned-Okie-turning back to-Yupper's. The ones that want to rub cocoa butter on bags....
smile.gif
smile.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Tim

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeBeen having my hands full here. Dixie ended up getting Mastitis (infection of the mammary glands). I've got her on daily penicillin shots and I've been bottle feeding the pups. Lost one pup, but rest seeming to be doing fine. I have a strong feeling this is the exact thing that happened to the last litter, when they all died from dehydration, last year, at 4 weeks old.

Lacy is having pups right now, two born already. They are HUGE puppies. I'll be up with her most of the night, as this is her first litter. Hoping to be able to swap Dixie pups on her 5 or 6 times a day, instead of bottle feeding. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Will take pics when I can.

Tony

Wow with having hunters there as well your hands are full. I feel for ya.
Nate

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeYeah, I understand. You know those Yupper-turned-Okie-turning back to-Yupper's. The ones that want to rub cocoa butter on bags....
smile.gif
smile.gif

Once ya go Okie, there is no turning back. He is branded Okie forever.

Tony, I know everybody here will keep you and the pups in their thoughts and prayers. They sure are cute little rascals, but will spell lots of trouble for coyotes before too long.

I took a couple of quick photos, this am, when getting ready to bottle feed Dixie's pups. Their eyes aren't open yet, but will very soon. They've got a veracious appetite.
smile.gif

dixiepupsout1.jpg

Just like her last litter, some of them really took on the Jagdterrier look.
dixiepupsout2.jpg

Not the best photos, but best I could do, as they woke up and was ready to eat the world this morning.
smile.gif

Thought I'd share.

Tony

Thanks man.

I snapped a picture of Lacy's pups today, while getting them ready to dock their tails and dewclaws.

lacypups1.jpg

lacypups2.jpg

I put a post in the Predator Hunting section about this litter, for anyone who wants to know more about it.

Tony

Tony, I just now checked back on the pups, and have seen where you are having to bottle feed the pups some, as well as let them nurse Dixie. I have been thru this problem several times during the last fifty years of raising dogs.

Many times I have had to put pups with foster mothers. A Vet Friend once told me to spray a little Hair Spray on the Pups and let the Foster Mother smell them, and she will then let the pup nurse. I have used this trick several times, and it has saved many, many pups for me along with Goats Milk and Karo Syrup. I also put the Foster Mother on a very good Vitamin, and all the Purina Puppy Chow she can eat. I start all my pregnant females on Puppy Chow about a month before they are due to cycle for breeding, it keeps them and the pups healthy.

Sorry I was so long winded, and the Best of Luck with the Pups.

Back