Gunner and Dixie are parents!

TonyTebbe

Dixie had her litter of pups from Gunner, sometime today. These are my two top dogs and I've been anxious about this repeat breeding.

gunnerdixiethree1-1.jpg

These pups are 25% Blackmouth Cur, 25% Catahoula, 25% Mountain cur, and 25% Jagdterrier. She ended up having 5 males and 4 females. She caught me a bit off-guard, as I didn't expect them till next week. But...all are good and healthy.

dixielitter1.jpg

dixielitter2.jpg

Six of the pups are already spoken for, but hopefully all do well and I have some available to others.

Thought I'd share.

Tony

The Mother of those pups sure is UGLY. Thats all I can say. How did the first litter turn out? Are they as UGLY as she is?

Devin, You may have produced me an ugly dog, but man is she a rock star!
smile.gif
The first litter all died at 4.5 weeks from parvo, last year. Since I switched to vaccinating the live vaccine and aggressively start shots at 4 weeks, instead of 6 weeks, it seemed to be the trick here. I've got my fingers crossed on this litter. The last litter, they were all long haired like Dixie.

I was happy with the number born, Nate. Your little guy/gal is in there somewhere.
smile.gif

Thanks all...

Tony

Tony, I like them UGLY, then they can't get into school. lol
Nate, you had a littermate to this Bit@h I believe, what did you do with him?

Originally Posted By: Devin69Tony, I like them UGLY, then they can't get into school. lol
Nate, you had a littermate to this Bit@h I believe, what did you do with him?

That dog got stolen out of my kennel in my backyard when i lived in West Jordan.

You are right Al. She had black/tan, blonde, blonde masked, light brindle, and dark brindle. Some smooth, some wired. A hodge-podge of pups.
smile.gif
I just got done docking tails and dewclaws a few mins ago.

I'll get you taken care of Steve. Can hook you up with one from each litter, if you like. My lacy dog is big as a house and making milk. She will be dropping pups within in the next few days.

Thanks all.

Tony

Been having my hands full here. Dixie ended up getting Mastitis (infection of the mammary glands). I've got her on daily penicillin shots and I've been bottle feeding the pups. Lost one pup, but rest seeming to be doing fine. I have a strong feeling this is the exact thing that happened to the last litter, when they all died from dehydration, last year, at 4 weeks old.

Lacy is having pups right now, two born already. They are HUGE puppies. I'll be up with her most of the night, as this is her first litter. Hoping to be able to swap Dixie pups on her 5 or 6 times a day, instead of bottle feeding. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Will take pics when I can.

Tony

How about culling a couple of pups so she has less to take care of. Her and the pups will do better and it will not drag her down so bad. Had this conversation a couple of weeks ago with a knowledgable dog man. It maybe a option.
Mike

With having 3 litters so close together, I am hoping to be able to balance pups out in the boxes. I like that option -vs- culling pups at a young age, that could possibly be rockstars. I'll bottle feed them, before that. I know what you are saying, but my request list for pups from this litter is full and I'd hate to cull a pup...especially from that litter.

Just came back from checking on Lacy. 8 puppies right now. 5 males - 3 females. Hopefully done. Two are tan and the rest are dark like Lacy. Not black, but a funky chocolate/bluish black. Hard to explain. She's got it too. Must be the Blue Lacy blood.

gunnerlacybay.jpg

Tony

I know what you are saying about the rockstar thing. I sure like that Dixie Gunner cross. I hope it works out great for you. I bet those pups will make nice dogs.
Mike

Back