Bell and Carlson or HS Precision??

Originally Posted By: Chupathingy Most shooters won't know the difference, shooters who are more discerning will.

Chupa

Hey...I know you!.....:) Thanks

I have no experience with a Bell & Carlson, but the HS on my Rem 700 allows some really good shooting....

Rem700SPSa.jpg

If it makes any difference? While B&C makes some "Good" stuff, I prefer HS Precision over them. I don't have the actual numbers stored in my mental rolodex, but to me....HS Precision on average seems to be not only slightly lighter, but also slightly stiffer.

There are some other aftermarket choices that come to mind, like Choate. Before I knew what "Good" was, I liked Choate, but now IMO it is pretty much junk.

Chupa

No experience with BC but I do own two HSPs that came on factory guns. One is an older Remington Sendero which I really like the stock on. For a heavy long range rifle its perfect. The newer HS stock is on a VSSFII and I don't care for it....has a funky palm swell that I've never warmed up to.

I have 2 HS stocks and B&C stock, I have the B&C on a hunting rifle and I really like the feel of it and it just seems to fit me nicely the HS is hard to beat for a varmint gun.

I prefer HS. But I also have B&C in Ti's,Alaskan Ti's and LVSF's. I do really like the LVSF's stocks for my walking coyote guns.

I don't have any experience with B&C but I do like my 2 HS stocks one is a factory remington and the other one is a HS police stock, sure beats the factory stock that came on it. It became a little more consistent after i put the HS on it.

There ya go fellas....thats the sort of info I was seeking and I appreciate it a lot.

I thank god the idiots didnt swarm in and start asking.."Well what do you intend to do with it" sort of thing...lol

Again...mucho thanks guys

Sully2, Glad you asked the question. As I was wondering the same. I hate to put out money on something that I would only be guessing at.

DAB

Last edited:
I went with B&C. The problem I have with HS is they like to use palm swells on their stocks. I don't have huge hands and I feel like I'm gripping a tree using an HS stock.

Originally Posted By: joedI went with B&C. The problem I have with HS is they like to use palm swells on their stocks. I don't have huge hands and I feel like I'm gripping a tree using an HS stock.

VERY INTERESTING!!! I have very small hands for a man also...hmmmm

Originally Posted By: DABSully2, Glad you asked the question. As I was wondering the same. I hate to put out money on something that I would only be guessing at.

DAB

Me too! Except every time I start a thread asking a question it gets turned into "20 questions" and make fun of Sully time. But I attempt to make allowances for people that cant speak decent English and use Harlem speak as a way of communication...

not just one person either
thumbup.gif

To keep us focused---> I have a few aftermarket HS's. None have the palm swell. I do know the VSF, VSSF II, and PSS stocks from Remington (made by HS) all do have the swell. The old VS & original VSSF do not. Most easily decernable is the -black with grey spiderweb- does not have palm swell.

I'm not 100% about the aftermarkets, but think the majority do not have the swell. Guess it depends on model.

My opinion is the HS is a better stock between the two.

Back