Nitrex TR one 4-16x50 or Weaver Classic V 4-16x42?

Borden811

Well, I was just about to pull the trigger on the Weaver, when I saw the Nitrex on clearance. Other than about 100 bux, are there any major differences between the two? Judging by the descriptions and reviews, they appear to be basically the same thing, just with a different brand name on them. And I've heard good things about the nitrex line. I don't know what to do!

Have not had opportunity to view thru the specific power scopes you've asked about. Have viewed thru a Nitrex TR1 6-20x50 owned by a fellow shooter at range on a couple of occassions. Definitely bright clear optics in it and the owner very happy with it. Can't positively remember viewing thru a Classic V Series Weaver, but can remember a couple of my scope savvy fellow shooters making positive comments about the Classic V scopes. Seem to remember a post made concerning just what model Weaver scope the TR1 Nitrex was equal to. Poster said he'd called Nitrex and was told the TR1 was more similiar to the Classic V series in quality/manufacture than the Weaver Grand Slam. Personally, while I'd prefer the smaller 42mm lens of the Classic V over the 50mm TR1, I would buy the TR1 to save money.

Well, Natchez decided for me! I went to order the Weaver, and they were sold out, so I got the Nitrex. Saved 100 bux, but got a 50mm instead of a 42, and 3 more ounces of weight. I guess I'll just deal with it!

Back