Browning X-Bolt Varmint Special?

Trapper Luke

Was looking around on Browning's website and seen a gun I didnt know they made the X-Bolt Varmint Special. Anybody own one of these guns or shot one before? What did you think of it?

Also does anyone if I can get a 243WSSM in this model?

Thanks,
Luke

Looking very much like the 243WSSM is not an option on this rifle, unless you have it done yourself.
They do have the 270WSM available.
If you want something with a bit more spank than the .243 you could go with the 7mm-08, its a good round.

Those were shot show specials and are (usually)only available to Browning full line dealers. Sometimes you'll see them and a box store, but not to often. There usually not produced at the time of the shot show and usually are very low production. That being said my local dealer ordered a bunch of the a-bolt stalker's that were a shot show special and has already received them. I ordered one of the a-bolt stainless long range hunter's and one of the x-bolt varmint specials, both 2011 shot show specials and have yet to see them. The long range hunter is supposed to ship in July, will see. I ordered a BLR White Gold medallion in February 07 that was a 2007 shot show special and it showed up in October of 2008. Good luck on the 243wssm, nobody is commercially chambering the WSSM calibers. I think 2007 was the last year for them. That DAM 223wssm ruined it for the other two. As far as shooting one the only difference is the stock, the regular x-bolt varmints are real shooters. I've got two and they both shoot very very well.

Back