ar build DPMS?

larr

I'm thinking of going the ar route for my next rifle build and would like to know what you guys think of a stripped DPMS lower as a start.

I have one that was built up with an Ace ARFX stock, Jard adjustable two stage w/ KNS pins. Never any problems. All mags I've used have dropped free. I also have a CMMG & DelTon lower; they are also both good to go. I was Considering going a little higher end next time with either a MEGA or SI Billet (both around $ 199). The SI can be had in colors for $ 20 more.

Most of your more well known stripped lowers will be fine...As with most 'factory' lowers, your trigger group will need to be upgraded, so keep that in mind when you start deciding on a lower parts kit for one...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleMost of your more well known stripped lowers will be fine...As with most 'factory' lowers, your trigger group will need to be upgraded, so keep that in mind when you start deciding on a lower parts kit for one...

Yeah, if you look around, you can find a lower parts kit with a decent match trigger in it. Saves you buying parts you will end up replacing.

Like I did.

thanks for the info everyone, been pricing stripped dpms lowers and found that the prices vary widely. midway has them for $124.99 and my local shop has them for $215.00. it would be nice if he could get one from midway for me but i don't think he would. in this commie state of Maryland a ar is a regulated firearm, i could go to Delaware and buy one cheaper but it would have to be sent to Maryland anyway which would eat up the savings.
cursing.gif

Originally Posted By: markleyif you have to pay 215 why not order the complete lower for 244 on midway?

the same reason i cannot order the stripped lower, you need an ffl. my local guy already has his supplier and I'm sure he wouldn't like me asking him to order from midway. as i said in my last post, this commie state that i live in the ar is a regulated firearm, i could buy it cheaper in Delaware but the transfer fees would eat up my savings.

Your local guy is giving you the shaft without a kiss. Most gun shows I have been to lately a good lower can be had for $90 to $149 depending on company and finish. I would look around for another dealer, even just to have a transfer done to that dealer. Normally transfers can be had for $20 and by having it shipped from another state to you means no sales tax.

Check around to see who will do an ffl transfer. Then buy one for 80 -120 from gunbroker pay shipping and the ffl transfer. You will still come out on top around 60$. Good luck

We have the DPMS Stripped lowers for $114.95 shipped. All you'd need is your local FFL license and then you can order from anywhere and pay their transfer fee + MSP fee. There seem to be a substantial amount of gunshops in the area there that are reasonable transfer fees, from what I've seen. Do you belong to the MD Shooter Forum?. We're industry partners there. Perhaps if that FFL won't be reasonable on transfer fees, you can shop around?

If you're wanting to upgrade triggers, it'd be best to get that upfront with lower parts kit otherwise you'll have an extra trigger you paid for sitting around. The Rock River 2-stage trigger + Lower Parts Kit is by far our most popular trigger and lower parts kit.

thanks everyone, to be fair to my local guy I'm going to double check to make sure the stripped lower is not a consignment item. he never said it was when i asked to look at it but to make sure i will ask him today. from the research Ive done and from the info from all of you guys on here, $215.00 is a steep price. JoeBob, i will check around and see about other dealers, if i go that route i will definitely keep you in mind. i will post back after i talk to my local guy. thanks again.

i just got off the phone with my local guy and he said the price was when the obummer scare was on, he dropped the price to $139.00 including transfer fees. i guess thats not too bad, a lot better then $215.00
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: larri just got off the phone with my local guy and he said the price was when the obummer scare was on, he dropped the price to $139.00 including transfer fees. i guess thats not too bad, a lot better then $215.00
grin.gif

Much better! $139 is right about what I paid recently.
FWIW- JoBobs would more than likely put together a LPK for you about any configuration you want.

Originally Posted By: coythtrSo hes a price gouger, Wouldnt deal with a crook.

Agreed unless he is the only game in town, even then I would have to consider very hard

Sounds like he is still trying to hose the layman, "the scare" has been over for quite some time.

Last edited:
Quote:So hes a price gouger, Wouldnt deal with a crook. Actually, he's no different than most business people that are trying to make a profit of some sort... At the time of his pricing, that may have reflected what he was being charged by his distributor...

It's all a matter if Supply, Demand, and Panic, all up and down the buying chain...especially when it comes to firearms if any type..

Back