remington R15

R15

im getting a remington r15 vtr predator carbine and was wondering how tha work and how accurate it is

Last edited:
There is a ton of info on here regarding the R15's. I have the VTR version as well and really like it. I have never shot any factory ammo through mine, but is pretty easily a MOA gun with my reloads.

I have one in .223 and I really like it. I have not reloaded for it yet, but I do get pretty good groups with factory black hills 60 gr vmax's.

I have one with the 18 inch barrel and six position stock in 223. I've got a Nikon 4.5-14x40 coyote special on it. It shoots groups less than an inch with Hornady 55 gr. V-max at 100 yds. Never had any trouble with it.

I have one of these rifles you speak of and I really like it. It is a very reliable, accurate and sharp looking rifle. As a matter of fact, I just finished loading 100 rounds for this rifle about 10 min ago. (55gr. V-Max, 24gr. Benchmark, 205m primers in winchester brass). Im waiting for my new scope to come, it shipped out today and should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. (Leupold 67395 Mark AR mildot 4-12x40) - Should be a nice addition to this rig.

You picked a good one, that's one of the more reliable/accurate lightweight rifles around.

Remington did their homework when they designed it, IMO.

If I didn't have a D-Tech already I would have jumped on that myself.

The only real problem with the R-15 is the POS trigger. Feels like two bricks rubbing together. Get a good trigger,RRA 2 stage Match, and you'll be good to go! Mine shoots 55gr Blitzkings into small groups.

have one chambered in .204 and love it very accurate the only thing I've done to mine is put a 3 pound trigger job in it. you will be happy with it.

Originally Posted By: R15do the R15 tak 223 and 5.56 nato or is that just a mith

I am also not good at grammar or spelling.
With that being said, you might want to hit the spell check before you post. There are a ton of ball busters on here and your gonna hear it from them if your posts are that hard to read.

I had to read them both at least twice to understand what you were asking.

My cousins R15 is really accurate with 55gr Vmax bullets.

Back