4-16x50 IR Sniper Scope Green IR Mil-Dot by Barska AC11002

Powerfisher

Just wondering if anybody has seen or used one of these. 4-16x50 IR Sniper Scope Green IR Mil-Dot by Barska AC11002. They say that if its too good to be true........

I will take the no replies as...its a pos or nobody knows yet. On the Barska site it has great reviews but anyplace else it has poor reviews. I guess I have my answer.

I have never seen or heard of a good Barska, but don't have first hand experience with the "sniper scope". I personally would go with a better quallity and lower magnification if you need/dont want to spend the money.

I had a barska ill ret 30mm scope. It was horrible. I had to hold my eye the perfect distance from the scope to have a full view and the glass was horrible. I have 3 leupolds and I will never have anything less. You definately get what you pay for.

Even if the scope was good quality, green light will have a MUCH bigger effect on you night vision ability than red will. Green will "appear" brighter than an equal level of red, but I don't think the trade-off works to your advantage equally.

I try to avoid exposure to anything except red light at night.

Just something to consider.

Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerEven if the scope was good quality, green light will have a MUCH bigger effect on you night vision ability than red will. Green will "appear" brighter than an equal level of red, but I don't think the trade-off works to your advantage equally.

I try to avoid exposure to anything except red light at night.

Just something to consider.

I don't doubt your experience for a second Evil, but I think it's an individual issue....meaning some will have the opposite effect. I know I'm completely opposite, red light hinders MY night vision far more than green does. But i've never been accused of being normal either.

Chupa

Last edited:
Back