Rat #'s are high, thats good for predators 2 and 4 legged

Duane@ssu

There are more rats this year than I have seen as long as I have been here. Guys are shootin
800+ shells per shooter per day. If ya ever wanted to shoot high volume, this is the time.
Check out the pics. I could have taken pics all the way around my rig and got just as many rats per frame.
We spooted this badger as I took a client out to shoot rats.Instead of a 200 yrd shot we decided to try a "sneek".
He made the shot at 60 yrds.
Rats4.jpg

Rats3.jpg

Rats2.jpg

Rats1.jpg

ChrisJbadger.jpg

I'm getting excited! Just a few more weeks and I get to bring our clients out and have a blast!

I'll call you tomorrow to see how things are going! From the looks of it you are doing great! I am jealous!

C

That is freakin' crazy!!! I thought there were alot of rats when I was up there but now it's freakin' crazy. If I could swing the time off work, I'd be on the road tonight!!!!

Poor numbers being reported on most fields in the christmas valley/fortrock area of oregon. lot of traps and poison. I saw a few last weekend but nothing worth the gas.

Last edited:
You've got a serious problem there Duane. Good problem as a guide...bad problem as a rancher. That's crazy. It'd be fun with a 17 and case or two of rounds!
smile.gif

Tony

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftBut Duane, I like the splat factor that a 22lr does not give you.
thumbup.gif

The CCI high velocity rounds do make a good mess out of little squirrels like these. While I generally don't like the .17 hmr, it will launch the little buggers real well.

Back