UBR stock or PRS stock or ACE skeleton??

yotehunter243

looking at new stocks for my DPMS lower and im looking real hard at these three stocks. I dont know much about either and would like some input on which one i should get. My upper is a 243wssm. Use, will be varmint hunting and i like to go out in the yard and shoot paper some. I know the Ace isnt the same style as the other 2 stocks but midway has a good sale on them

Last edited:
i have a PRS, its great for shooting off a bench with bags, i like the "hook" that you can hang on to to move the rifle around. just my 2 cents

I like/Have the PRS and ACE's, But i just put togeather two new builds and used the ACS on them and they are know my Favorite stock out of them all.. Great solid cheek weld and feel better on the cheek.

I've used them all at one point or another. The PRS is great off the bench but HEAVY to carry around in the field. I traded mine off. Unless you need the adjustable butt pad and cheek rest I really don't see the utility of it in a hunting gun. For a prairie dog rifle it would be ideal. The UBR is very nice because it gives you a consistent cheek weld with the ability to adjust the length of pull when wearing light or heavy clothing. It is heavier than an M4 or CTR stock and can effect the balance of your rifle if you have a light weight barrel. With a medium contour barrel in the 16" and up range it does balance fairly well. The CTR is basically the M4 stock with some very nice upgrades. The fact that it is light and has the friction lock to take the wobble out of the stock are great features. The ACS (which I don't own but have played with) is a good choice as well. Lighter than the UBR but a better cheek rest than the CTR. If I were doing a lighter weight hunting rig I would seriously consider this stock as it still gives you the ability to adjust length of pull while not wobbling like the M4 stock. Since I am in a ban State I have several rifles with the ACE skeleton stock. It is probably my favorite fixed length stock. It is light and strong, perfect for ban compliant carbine builds. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Another vote for the acs here. I have used the ubr and like it alot as well, just find it a bit on the heavy side. No experience with the ace.

Another vote for ACS. I own an ACS, PRS and a UBR. ACS is just a good all around stock. The UBR is my least favorite. Great stock I just can't get to comfortable with it.

I was a little leary about the ACS, but heard so many good things about them from people that Use them that I took a chance and bought two of them and very Happy that I did and they balance out both of my rifle very well with a great solid lock up...

Don't know about the other styles but I do like the ACE a lot. It works well in the field for me. The others look nice though too.

i ended up getting the ACE the local store priced the PRS for 190 bucks and the ACE for 60 bucks i couldnt pass it up. I may buy the PRS for my next AR

I got my 22" heavy barrel AR with an ACE Skeleton. Right away I disliked it. Didn't fit the rifle aesthetically. It didn't help out the balance at all. I just didn't like it on that rifle.

I recently replaced it with the UBR and couldn't be happier.

I still have the ACE in case I decide to build a lighter "plinker" or "truck gun" AR.

Back