Vortex vs Burris

schroeder

I have used a 6.5-20x50 Burris FFII and was impressed with the glass and durability of the scope. Just wondering how the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 compares to the Burris? I am in the market for new glass in this price range and know I like the Burris, but the Vortex has been getting so much hype that it is also catching my attention. Decisions, decisions...

I cant comment on the Burris scopes but i have 4 of the Vortex Vipers and I think they are the Best bang for the buck, very clear and track perfect. with the Best no BS Warranty and customer service bar none.

^ +1 on that!

I have a crossfire 4-16 and im not all that impressed... the construction is good but not impressive other than that.

I have a 4.5-14 FFII that I like a WHOLE lot better. I think the glass is better as well as the eye relief.

Originally Posted By: blopez50^ +1 on that!

I have a crossfire 4-16 and im not all that impressed... the construction is good but not impressive other than that.

I have a 4.5-14 FFII that I like a WHOLE lot better. I think the glass is better as well as the eye relief.

Thanks for the input. I also have (2) 4.5-14 FFII's and I really like them. The glass is great and the scopes are bullet proof. Fate has already decided my scope delima for me. I hopped on fleebay this afternoon, just to check out some going prices and there happened to be a 6.5-20x50 FFII for $308 with three minutes left so I watched and snatched it up. Maybe I'll try a Vortex on my next build.

Im kind of disappointed that I missed that one... would have gave you some comp for it!

Im gonna sell off some cigars and get a FFII 6.5-20.

I think some of the Vortex (viper/razor) scopes might be really good but the lower models have done nothing to impress me!

my next scope will be a weaver or burris.heck my old bushnell cheifscope has great eye relief,vortex isnt as quick trying to get lined up with such short eye relief.

I have two Vortex Viper Scopes and love them. I have the 2-7x32 on an AR and thought of it as just another decent budget scope since I got it on Optics Planet for a deal and it has turned out to be great. Even with the smallish 32mm obj. it it clearer and brighter than my Leupy VX III and my Nikon Monarchs and it has great eye relief. I also have a Viper 6.5-20x44 PA Mil-Dot mounted on my 260 Rem and it has a bit less eye relief but it is an awesome scope none the less and with the mild recoil of the 260 who cares. I have many scopes but the Vortex line has impressed me for the $$$ value. I would not bother with any but the Vipers on up though. The cheapys are just that but if you wanted a beater that still carried a lifetime warranty I guess they still have a niche too.

What are you guys paying for your vortex vipers i just bought a 3.5x10x50 at sportsmans warehouse for $259.00 did i do alright?

I have been shopping around for them myself riverboss and so far the going price seems to be about $399. You got a good deal to say the least.

fyi, if you guys are ok with the regular plex style reticle, the 3.5-10x50 viper can be had for 259 on cameralandny.com...thats where i got mine and impressed is an understatement

Yes mine has the regular plex retical also but seems to be a very clear scope and im very pleased so far im going to shoot it in a couple of days.

Finally got to put my hands on a Viper 6.5-20x44 at the range today. That thing is great to say the least. Very bright throughout the entire magnification range. Eye relief is good. The clicks on the turrets are wonderful and crisp. I am 100% sold on that scope now. Now I just need to scrape up the cash.

Back