LETS DO SOME INVENTORY !!!

Ricky Bobby

I want to know how much everybody keeps stocked on a regular basis. How many bullets? How much powder do you keep on hand? How much brass? I am just wanting to see the difference from one person to another, as I am fairly new to this! In fact, while we are on the subject, are there any laws that dictate how much we can keep on hand? I'm simply trying to figure out what I feel is a good amount of reloading supplies/components to keep on hand at all times! I do realize that alot of it is determined by the volume of shooting that a person does. I feel comfortable having a couple hundred loaded rounds for each of my firearms at all times, plus enough components to load the next couple hundred! I would like to hear how others view this subject.

Rough estimate of supplies:

~5,000 bullets

~100 lbs of powder

~15,000 primers

~400 lbs of lead shot

~15,000 Wads 12/20/410

(I shoot shotgun too so I cover both reloading venues)

Loaded Ammo:

Probably ~3-4000 reloaded rounds

And close to 20,000 rimfire rounds.

Most, if not all of it, was bought on closeout, special offers, sales, etc. I shy away from paying regular price for anything.

Rough count

~ 8000 bullets

~ 44 lbs powder

~ 19,000 primers

~ BRASS - a bunch.

I have no weapon that I have more than 100 rounds loaded for right now. I do not shoot colony varmints and I am way to prone to tinkering with loads to get too much ammo loaded for one gun. I counted 24 50 round containers and 6 100 round containers with loaded ammo but most have some of the ammo shot.
Now I do not load shotgun and I have at least a dozen flats of shells for 12-20 and 28 ga.

Last edited:
Quote:are there any laws that dictate how much we can keep on hand Ricky, If you really want to open a can of worms on the subject,,, You might check into local, city/county/state fire codes... That's usually where similar ordinances are found... The problem with looking for them is that you usually bring about unwanted inspection once it's found out that you have some...But on the other hand, ignorance of the law is not excuse...

I'm not promoting breaking any law, but just warning of the potential consequences... When I lived in FL and was moving in, I was transferring my ammo cans to the storage locker in the garage and my neighbor across the street (sweet, but nosy) happened to be in the yard talking to my wife and her niece was a Lieutenant on the local Fire Dept...She started telling me that I needed a local permit for the ammo and the storage...Permits down there were expensive and also triggered the insurance company review of my rating...

about 2000-.224 v max, spitzers
1000-.284 amax- berger
800-.204 noslers
1500-10mm gold dot
1000-.308 interlock
5000-400 primers
3000-200 primers
1000 large pistol primers
about 10lbs each varget, reloader 10x, reloader 22

Last edited:
OldTurtle, I completely agree with what you're saying! That is why I'm asking you guys, if you know of any laws saying that you can only store a certain amount of a particular item. To be honest, I don't think I would ever have to worry because I doubt I ever stock like some of you guys might! Right now I have about 6500 primers, 1000 bullets, and right around 25-30 lbs of powder in my stock. I'd like to have more bullets, but would prefer to do some load testing and then plan to do some purchasing in larger quantities.

Kommiefornia has strict rules regarding powder supplies. Im sure other states do too. Its best to check prior to posting.
grin.gif

Dang, i need to load up on some supplies!
30 count 45 gr dynapoint 22 mag rounds

10 count hornady v-max rounds 22 magnum

i shot all my 22lr rounds off need to buy more

few boxes of various turkey loads

some 00 buckshot loads "i ran out of no 4"

various shotgun slugs

some 30 06 rem corlokt bullets

and some arrows lol

Like i said i dont keep a ton of ammo, just enough to get me by for the season.

A whole lot of everything. Enough primers to defend the entire southern border, no clue on bullets but thousands for sure, powder probably more than I should.

I always found it odd that having smokeless powder was such a big deal with insurance companies but gasoline, aerosols, charcoal lighter and such is not.

About 70% of what 2muchgun has in his photo. I thought it was a pretty amazing amount in that photo, but when I got to thinking about what is in my own reloading room, I am nearly there.

Back