Konus warranty question update 5/2/11

pyscodog

Awhile back I bought a rifle with a Konus Pro M30 scope. I replaced it immediately and stuck it back for later use. I ended up putting it on a 300 WSM and seemed to have problems right away. My rifle shot 3 inch high so I adjusted the scope and it started shooting 2 inchs right and after two more adjustments, it still shot right. OK, long story short, I replaced the scope. My question is, Should I send it in for repair? Not being the original owner, no box, no receipt, am I gonna waste money getting it fixed? I tried to un-screw the sun shade last night and the front of the scope un-screwed with the cap, so I'm assummeing there is no gas left in it. It has pretty good ring marks from the previous owner. I'm kinda leaning towards junking it. As if it isn't junk already!
Thanks-pyscodog

Last edited:
Give konus a call and find out what they will do. Konus scopes arnt one of the top fives so there probly arnt many with experience with them.

AWS

I did call and spoke with a nice lady that didn't speak English really well. Awhile back I thought I remembered reading something about needing an RMA number, receipt and box. Also must be the original owner. I asked the lady about an RMA number and she just said "No, just send it". This is the part that bothers me. I guess if they want to charge me a ton of money I can just tell them to keep it.

Well,I called Konus again this A.M. and talked to a gentleman named Mark. I will add, I called and left a voice message and did get a return call in a timely manner. Anyway, I told Mark that I had purchased a rifle and the Konus was already on it and explained the problems I was having with the scope. He replied, box it up and send it to us and as soon as we receive it, we will send you a new one via UPS. I guess we'll wait and see. Also he apologized for the inconvience I was having and thanked me for calling. He wanted to keep track of the problems they were having and make sure it wasn't a production/quality problem. Time will tell!

Well, thought I'd give an up date if anyone cares. Called Konus again today for an up-date on my M-30 and Mark, the person I originally talked to, said it was in the mail (UPS), and I should get it Wed. at the latest. All in all, they were very easy to deal with, no questions asked, no hassels, sorry for the problems and a New, not repaired, scope is on the way. Not to sure about the quality, but the customer service is good to go!!

Last edited:
Wed. afternoon, the "Big Brown" showed up in front of the house. Unloaded a NIB Konus M-30 as promised. I guess at least Konus's warranty is good to go!

Back