need help with rockchucks in northern utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ironworkerWell I drove and hiked my butt off today. Enjoyed hiking up a NV mountain to some rock formations. It was awesome beautiful rugged country. BUT all I saw were two dumb birds and a couple of Ravens flying in the distance. I glassed and glassed NOTHING ! Its like a plague happened but no animal corpses any where. + about $50 bucks for gas. With current gas prices I don't blame any one asking for some clues.

And you'd do it all again tomorrow I'd bet.

Ain't LIFE grand when you can enjoy what Mother Nature
has to offer?

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILS

Thanks you had me rolling, love it. I have pertty big shoulders too.
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You be WELCOME, but I wasn't trying to be FUNNY, I was dead
SERIOUS

Originally Posted By: CoyoteOn2Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSFirst off I am not looking for anyone's honeyhole. I do all my chucking in southern Idaho, but looking for directon to some areas closer so fuels not such a killer. If anyone could point me in a decent area thanks. If not no problem.

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: ibschmidtyWow! I was thinking of the same question BOBTAILS. Thanks for the incredibly helpful insight, Ackman. Who woulda thunk it. "You have to go out and look for them." Genius!!!!

Your the man Ackman!

Don't like my answer, too bad. That's how you find places to shoot, you go out and look for them. That's how I do it. Spend time out exploring and not asking people on some forum. Both you guys are lazy. I'd be embarrassed posting questions about where to hunt. Show some initiative, don't be asking people to just tell you what you can find out for yourself.

1) he didn't have any ISSUES if nobody wanted to give any general information that may, or may not assist him. I sure don't see how that would constitute him
being lazy, nor did I detect any sniffles or tears between the lines of his POLITE
REQUEST.
2) Now then, show a little respect,

This is funny. Someone says he shoots chucks in Idaho but that's too far and he wants someplace closer. He finds them in Idaho but doesn't know how to find them close to home? Say what?

1) I told him "You have to go out and find them"......that's general information. It's also true and both those guys should know that. But they had ISSUES with me saying that and got their panties all in a wad. Poor fragile egos.

2) People find shooting spots by going out and looking for them. Hunters know that's how it's done. You put forth some effort and time. Show respect? When someone's too lazy to go out and do it for themself? I can't believe you guys...this much to-do over what most every hunter knows.

People are too eager about asking everyone what they should and could easily be finding out for themselves. Guys post saying they'll be in a certain area for a day and want to know a good spot for prairie dogs. Or even..."Does anyone have a load for .xxx cartridge using yy powder and zz bullet." You see this stuff all the time. So mr. colorado coyote guy......if someone wanted to know a good coyote hunting area in colorado, you'd tell them.

It's not that hard finding chucks in northern Utah. Like with pds or gophers or coyotes, they're where you find them, and you find them by going and looking for 'em. Anyone with half a brain and a little initiative can find those things. Point someone to a decent area without giving up honey holes? Yeah right. Doesn't matter if all you guys don't like what I say. Don't like me? That doesn't matter either. Everything I've posted is true and all of you need to get over yourselves and grow up. This stuff shouldn't even need to be explained.....to find rockchucks you go look for them. It's that simple.

Originally Posted By: ironworkerWell I drove and hiked my butt off today. Enjoyed hiking up a NV mountain to some rock formations. It was awesome beautiful rugged country. BUT all I saw were two dumb birds and a couple of Ravens flying in the distance. I glassed and glassed NOTHING ! Its like a plague happened but no animal corpses any where. + about $50 bucks for gas. With current gas prices I don't blame any one asking for some clues.

So it was a good day. You were out and saw things you wouldn't have seen and learned where things aren't. Cost is just what it costs, that's all part of it. I think it's early for chucks at elevation unless there's green.

I know of a few areas... near where utah meets another state along a certain stretch of fence line/rock line.
thumbup1.gif
But its private.
tongue_smilie.gif

One thing i have learned about scouting for chucks is that some times there near some kind of meadow with grass or a creek. Hope this helps

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: CoyoteOn2Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSFirst off I am not looking for anyone's honeyhole. I do all my chucking in southern Idaho, but looking for directon to some areas closer so fuels not such a killer. If anyone could point me in a decent area thanks. If not no problem.

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: ibschmidtyWow! I was thinking of the same question BOBTAILS. Thanks for the incredibly helpful insight, Ackman. Who woulda thunk it. "You have to go out and look for them." Genius!!!!

Your the man Ackman!

Don't like my answer, too bad. That's how you find places to shoot, you go out and look for them. That's how I do it. Spend time out exploring and not asking people on some forum. Both you guys are lazy. I'd be embarrassed posting questions about where to hunt. Show some initiative, don't be asking people to just tell you what you can find out for yourself.

1) he didn't have any ISSUES if nobody wanted to give any general information that may, or may not assist him. I sure don't see how that would constitute him
being lazy, nor did I detect any sniffles or tears between the lines of his POLITE
REQUEST.
2) Now then, show a little respect,

This is funny. Someone says he shoots chucks in Idaho but that's too far and he wants someplace closer. He finds them in Idaho but doesn't know how to find them close to home? Say what?

1) I told him "You have to go out and find them"......that's general information. It's also true and both those guys should know that. But they had ISSUES with me saying that and got their panties all in a wad. Poor fragile egos.

2) People find shooting spots by going out and looking for them. Hunters know that's how it's done. You put forth some effort and time. Show respect? When someone's too lazy to go out and do it for themself? I can't believe you guys...this much to-do over what most every hunter knows.

People are too eager about asking everyone what they should and could easily be finding out for themselves. Guys post saying they'll be in a certain area for a day and want to know a good spot for prairie dogs. Or even..."Does anyone have a load for .xxx cartridge using yy powder and zz bullet." You see this stuff all the time. So mr. colorado coyote guy......if someone wanted to know a good coyote hunting area in colorado, you'd tell them.

It's not that hard finding chucks in northern Utah. Like with pds or gophers or coyotes, they're where you find them, and you find them by going and looking for 'em. Anyone with half a brain and a little initiative can find those things. Point someone to a decent area without giving up honey holes? Yeah right. Doesn't matter if all you guys don't like what I say. Don't like me? That doesn't matter either. Everything I've posted is true and all of you need to get over yourselves and grow up. This stuff shouldn't even need to be explained.....to find rockchucks you go look for them. It's that simple.

"Go out and look" that's some real keen advice you have there.
You sure do a lot of talking for someone who doesn't say a lot. I'm not quite sure you understand the concept of a forum or community. One of the many things you can do is have a conversation and seek advice.

Stop being so lazy and selfish.

Yes selfish, because you don't want to help anyone but yourself out.

Yes lazy, because heaven forbid someone else gets to have fun at one of your honey holes forcing you to climb all the way down off your pedestal and "go out and look" for another one.

Start being a productive member of society ya' jack wad.

Well now, another buddy joins the wagon circle.

Like me or not, doesn't matter. People should have pride and do things for themselves. But the twits get offended when I say "go out and look." Most people know that's how it's done, but somehow I'm a lazy selfish bad guy for telling it like it is. This has nothing to do with "being a productive member of society", it's about being a lazy leech and getting called on it. So lose the condescension ...... jackwad.

Originally Posted By: AckmanWell now, another buddy joins the wagon circle.

Like me or not, doesn't matter. People should have pride and do things for themselves. But the twits get offended when I say "go out and look." Most people know that's how it's done, but somehow I'm a lazy selfish bad guy for telling it like it is. This has nothing to do with "being a productive member of society", it's about being a lazy leech and getting called on it. So lose the condescension ...... jackwad.

NOT

Originally Posted By: AckmanWell now, another buddy joins the wagon circle.

Take some of your own advice and go back and read, better yet I will give you a helping hand.

Your head must surely be spinning with confusion on how nobody is joining your "wagon circle". Let me explain, its because your wrong. I take it you have never taken a page from someone elses book? You were born the all knowing and wise Ackman right? Wrong.

I sure hope you don't have this attitude with your kids.

Kids: "Dad I want to learn how to shoot."
Ackman: "you go out and start pulling the trigger you lazy leech!"

One of the best tools anyone could use is to gain wisdom and ensignt from others and most of all to learn from their mistakes. But not you, you need to repeat all there mistakes or else you are a lazy leech. Basically what you have established is you have taught yourself everything you know today and are so far behind the curve from the rest of us that taking any advice you have would be the equivalent of pissing into the wind (which we all know you have done, or your heading out the door right now to see what its all about).

You don't know the situation someone else is in, people have kids and start families, they lose their jobs or have health issues. All of these things can cut the ability to go out and hunt down to almost nothing and nobody wants to spend the 1 day they have to hunt scouting a location that somebody else already discovered doesn't produce. I will be dang sure to give a lending hand to anyone that enjoys this wonderful sport, and I will give them any advice they need to make sure they continue to get out and participate and have an enjoyable experience no matter what there situation is.

Help your fellow hunters out! We are all brothers here (with the occasional sister).

Also jack wad is two words, ya' jack wagon (joking!)

PS

If you're ever in Boise hit me up I know some awesome yote and rock chuck spots.

Originally Posted By: youngdon
ohmy.gif
Well said grey Ghost
thumbup.gif

I will defiantly second that!!!

But it makes you wonder about some peoples upbring,,, My dad did and still does answer all ?? for me(I'm 50 he's 80) and anybody,Heck my whole family does--And I try to follow in his footsteps--And I feel like we are all dog-leg cousins anyway
tt2.gif

Keep the questions coming some of us remember when we didn't no anything!!

What good is information if not to share!!

David

David

Originally Posted By: The Grey Ghost

You don't know the situation someone else is in, people have kids and start families, they lose their jobs or have health issues. All of these things can cut the ability to go out and hunt down to almost nothing and nobody wants to spend the 1 day they have to hunt scouting a location that somebody else already discovered doesn't produce. .......

There is one of the most honest and truthful statement Ive seen on this BB.

I myself have seen what the cold shoulder looks like in attempting to find locations in South Dakota where I can shoot some PD's...but I guess some think that my buddy and I will eradicate their favorite honey hole...when what we actually seek is someone to point the way for us and we can handle the rest.

Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachWow this situation sure did escalate.

Yes it has and not in a good direction either. I am taking a new guy up some spots I go to in Idaho am I hope the chucks are out so he was a good shoot.

Are "Rail Chucks" the same as rock chucks...there is a rock next to them. They are all over up in WA....along the train rails.
chucks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back