Got a phone call to remove some coyotes. Pictures

derbyacresbob

Yesterday I left my house at 5:00 am to meet a friend of mine at a ranch that he guides pig hunts on. He had called me and asked if I would come over and help him and his friend call in some coyotes because there was way too many coyotes on their ranch.

When I first met this friend of mine that called me about the coyotes, it was 1994 and he was around 12 to 13 years old. I took him coyote calling a couple of times with my old Burnham Brothers cassette caller and he got to shoot 4 coyotes with a shotgun that ran right up to the cassette caller.

I got to the ranch at about 6:00 am and we headed out to do some calling at around 6:15 am. On the second or third stand we had a rifle shooter above us and two of us had shotguns about 20 yards from my FOXPRO CS-24.

After calling for about 15 minutes a coyote came out of the canyon below us and stopped about 80 yards away looking up towards the CS-24. The coyote stood there for a few seconds and then BOOM the rifle shooter put him down.

A stand or two later I had the shotgun about 15 yards from the caller and a coyote came in after switching to Coyote Pup Distress 3 sound. We got to see this coyote come in about 200 yards and stop about 30 yards away from me. I shot him when he stopped and looked towards the CS-24.

On the next stand all three of us were using shotguns and we had a coyote run in from our left. This coyote saw movement or smelled the caller and spun around to leave. It got shot from about 20 yards away on it's way out.
IMG_4491.jpg

We had a pretty good wind blowing across the ridge we were hunting off of so we had shotgun shooters facing the wind and a rifle shooter watching the down wind side the rest of the day. We ended up calling in eight coyotes that I know of and we ended up getting five of them.

IMG_4548-Copy.jpg

IMG_4550-Copy.jpg

This coyote in the above pictures got away from us.

IMG_4572.jpg

This is a picture of the five coyotes that we did get. Two were taken with a rifle and the other three were taken with shotguns.

Nice! Looks like a great time. I will be heading out to cali. on a pig hunt for fathers day. Maybe I should bring some calliing gear. Great job!

Back