Dead dog walking TV show.

Before they make a tv show seems to me they would take a few call lessons and shooting classes, I just dont see the point of a show that NO One can learn anything from.

I do like most any hunting show but like (doggin coyotes)
said above i wasnt sure if they wasnt using Duck calls on the show i seen, and for shooting they must have been shooting a 17HMR
lol.gif
the only one i seen them kill ran off after 2 more missed shots trying to finish it off and ended up blood trailing it. But that just my 2 cents

not my favorite show. new to coyote hunting though. learn more from les johnson than the rest just wish they would make eastern yote show.

One thing to be said for this show and the other predator shows they are not filmed in africa or some place I could never afford to go to. I am getting tired of going through the programs and seeing Hunting in Africa or on some high fence high dollar ranch in texas. The fishing shows are all in The caribean or mexico or South America. There is not much left I can relate to and I watch fewer and fewer shows.

Originally Posted By: GLA.OROne thing to be said for this show and the other predator shows they are not filmed in africa or some place I could never afford to go to. I am getting tired of going through the programs and seeing Hunting in Africa or on some high fence high dollar ranch in texas. The fishing shows are all in The caribean or mexico or South America. There is not much left I can relate to and I watch fewer and fewer shows.

amen

+1 for this not being a Africa, South America show

Finally watched this show last night dont know if it was a new episode or a repeat but they said Northern Nevada.
They did at times sound like they was duck calling but did still have coyotes come in, Something learned you dont always have to sound perfect to get results and maybe work better in heavily called areas as you dont sound like every other dyeing rabbit.
Do they miss there shots yep just like everyone else.
Did they promote the use of there sponsors equipment yep just like others some more some less.
The show could use some polish and I could do without the cowboy dudes and other hype atleast I dont have to listen to
"Thats what I am talking about"
If it comes down to this show or Boddington Hunting Africa I will be watching DDW.

Am I the only one who would admit to hitting a yote and not having it drop right away? I shoot a 243 savage (yes savage not Howa)and have hit coyotes right in the vitals to watch then crawl with their front legs for 15 to 20 yards. Thats why I ike the realism of the show. Like I said before minus the corny graphics. Maybe its just cause its mostly in my area that it is filmed.I still think no matter who it is I like seeing misses or ones that got away. I mean to me its like hunting everyday and not just killing. One thing I would like to see a show do is show an actual time on the stands.

It's not so much the missing. It's the overabundance of poor shot placement and wounded animals.

Yeah.......I've missed and made poor kills but when I do I'm not looking for high fives and cackling about it. Like anyone else here I strive for a good shot and a clean kill. I absolutely hate wounding an animal. Seeing these guys consistently making poorly placed shots or missing altogether tells me that they don't make enough clean kills to edit out the bad ones. I have to wonder what folks who tune in to see what it's all about think about the rest of us when they see a coyote shot at with a shotgun 3 times at close range and then collapse on it's haunches only to be put down with a rifle and then the whooping and high fiving that follows.

One thing the show proves beyond a doubt, [beeep]. Anyone can call up a coyote. That is easily the worst calling I've ever heard and I'm an old guy who's heard a lot of calling.

This is Chad Belding, he was a member of Fred Zinks staff. Chad and his Brother Clay did do the majority of the DVD Devil dogs for Zink.

I rather like that DVD, the calls they are using are basically duck call inserts, and yes this does work, you can do distress as well as howl with them. If you would like to test this, take a single reed duck call, pull the insert out, then run it like an open reed distress.

The howler is basically a short reed goose insert with regular short reed guts. Again, this works as well, take your short reed apart and try it, you may need to tune it to find the sweet spot, but you can actually get some good sounds from this setup.

I haven't seen the show, I have seen his FOWL LIFE waterfowling show and he has gotten extremely commercial since leaving Zink. It does get old pretty fast.

But, he has to bring in the cheddar just like the rest of us.

Now that he isn't working for Zink and has his own call company, Zink has dropped his predator call line, and I don't know if Chad is still using them, or if he is going to create his own line. His call company "Banded Calls," is just duck and goose calls at this moment.

Don't work for him, I'm just a duck and goose guy mostly, so I may know a bit more than others here. Chad and his brother have been predator killing for quite a long while, don't know that I'd call them amateurs, sounds like his show is doing a good job of making them look that way though. The Devil Dogs DVD is good, they do shoot one at close range with a 50BMG in the end, but they hunt from Canada through the US to Mexico, I have no qualms about recommending it.

Good luck hunting to you gentleman

Originally Posted By: pk1It's not so much the missing. It's the overabundance of poor shot placement and wounded animals.

Yeah.......I've missed and made poor kills but when I do I'm not looking for high fives and cackling about it. Like anyone else here I strive for a good shot and a clean kill. I absolutely hate wounding an animal. Seeing these guys consistently making poorly placed shots or missing altogether tells me that they don't make enough clean kills to edit out the bad ones. I have to wonder what folks who tune in to see what it's all about think about the rest of us when they see a coyote shot at with a shotgun 3 times at close range and then collapse on it's haunches only to be put down with a rifle and then the whooping and high fiving that follows.

Emphasis added by me

I had the same opinion as your post.

Kinda reminds me of another new show where they shot a coyote at 500 yards and called it a called in coyote. LOL!
Of course this is from a call maker!
DDW tv show really has me scratching me head.

Saw it the first time today, won't waste my time watching another for many reasons that several of you have stated here already,

the wild west theme is a joke and not good for the sports image overall, too much focus on stuff that is not out calling in predators, kind of just a big infomercial.

the waterfowling show this person is featured in is also very lame for many of the same reasons....

If I was a major company potential sponsor advertiser this is not the kind of stuff I would want my name associated with....

I have not been overly impressed with the Fast and the Furious, or Fred Eichler either.

I have enjoyed watching Predator Pursuit, I like watching Byron South, Randy Anderson and Rick Paillet, even though the last two don't have a TV show, I like their videos.

Last edited:
I didn't care much for this last show, seemed like just alot of self promoting. As for their calling, I don't think anyone I've heard sounds exactely like a rabbit, but all the same the coyotes respond. I agree all that cowboy stuff does not appeal to me, but I never did understand why grown men would play cowboys.

Originally Posted By: DiogeeOriginally Posted By: pk1It's not so much the missing. It's the overabundance of poor shot placement and wounded animals.

Emphasis added by me

So are you saying the rest of the shows just edit out the bad stuff to make themselves look better?
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: 3807patriotOriginally Posted By: DiogeeOriginally Posted By: pk1It's not so much the missing. It's the overabundance of poor shot placement and wounded animals.

Emphasis added by me

So are you saying the rest of the shows just edit out the bad stuff to make themselves look better?
tt2.gif

I can't see anywhere where I stated that. Do you think people tune into a TV show to see gutshot animals or do they want to see the best that our sport has to offer? It's the exact same reason that Predator Masters doesn't want gore shots posted here.

IMO no one is trying to make themselves look better but they are trying to produce a show someone would enjoy watching. I don't like seeing bad shots and wounded animals in real life so why would I want to see it on TV?

These guys need to think about what they're doing and make some changes in the format.

I think what bothers me the most is that just because they have a show on TV they become an authority and the face of something I enjoy doing. This sport like any other sport has many faces and personalities which is good, I would just like it presented in a better light.

I like it since its about the only one that has attempted to hunt in the east. A lot of difference in our eastern coyote hunting than west of the mississippi.

Back