ordering a g4

greenhornet-1

Hi guys, anyone here had any luck ordering over the phone from gadgettown? Ben trying for a week to get them to answer the phone, no luck. I would like to get some rechargeable batteries and a g4 lite.

OK, i made an order over the internet, everything was suposedly in stock. well i get an email saying most of the stuff i ordered was out of stock, so no flashlight, the main thing i was wanting.

OK, i finaly got a lite, put the rechargable batteries in and it came about 3 seconds and burnt rite up, i mean it stunk! ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN??? I contacted them and they are sending out a new one soon as they get the old one back.Oh yea, i got the batteries from them too and the charger.

Originally Posted By: greenhornet-1Did you get your lite yet? I got an email saying my replacement has ben shiped.

Yes. Mine showed up and works good. Hope your replacement works for you.

Originally Posted By: greenhornet-1OK, i finaly got a lite, put the rechargable batteries in and it came about 3 seconds and burnt rite up, i mean it stunk! ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN??? I contacted them and they are sending out a new one soon as they get the old one back.Oh yea, i got the batteries from them too and the charger.

Greenhornet, you said "batteries" What type of batteries are you trying to use? You should be using a single 18650 battery if you are using rechargeable.

Might be possible to use a pair of 16340? The higher voltage won't always work in lights that have multi mode switch. I have 4 of the G4 and have used the 18650 or (2) CR123 NON rechargeable in them with no problems.

I did receive one from Gadget Town that had a loose connection somewhere and you sometimes had to bump it to get it to come on. I emailed them and they replaced it with not problems. They are a great company to deal with.

Last edited:
The battries were rechargable cr123's. This time i put regular cr123's from my streamlight and it works fine. I'm afraid to try the others again. I think i will test them and see what kind of voltage they are putting out. Sayes 3.7 on the battery, we will see.

Rechargable cr123's usually put out more voltage that rated. They will blow out alot of LED modules, especially multimode ones. If your light will accept 18650 batteries I highly recommend using a one 18650 to replace 2 cr123's. if you are going to continue to use regular cr123's it is going to get quite expensive for you.

Jeremiah Weber

I agree with Jeremiah. The rechargeable CR123's are going to be near the max. voltage that the LED will handle, especially if you put them in right off the charger. You can find regular CR123's fairly cheap if you buy them in bulk but it just makes sense to use the 18650 rechargeable.

Jeremiah, do you know what would happen if you put the battery in backwards in one of the EWT XLR lights or one like the G-4? I don't know if they are reverse polarity protected or not. A few years ago I bought a Dorcy LED for my 6 volt lantern. I emailed Dorcy and ask them if it would work and they said yes. When I received it and put it in, it smoked and burned out the LED as soon as I turned the switch on.

I checked the polarity of the lantern and it was reversed. I emailed Dorcy again and told them and they sent me 2 replacement LED's. I rewired my lantern to match the polarity of the LED and it has worked since then.

The EWT lights are protected if you put the battery in backwards the light just does not work. Im not sure about other lights on the market as there are so many different brands out there.

Jeremiah

Just received the G4 and the packet of yellow paper this morning. Installed the yellow paper and it is awesome, far brighter than my Surefire and made better than I expected. Just tried to order 1 more G4 and they are out till Thursday. Thanks for all your help rynokron.

Originally Posted By: WhiteknuckleThe EWT lights are protected if you put the battery in backwards the light just does not work. Im not sure about other lights on the market as there are so many different brands out there.

Jeremiah

Thanks Jeremiah, that is good to know.

Originally Posted By: NcWhitetailHow do you "select" the mode? Twist ring? Or does it "cycle" with the on/off switch?

Full click turns it on and off. Half clicks change mode.

Back