First Called and Killed yote! with pics

outhunt1989

I've been a lurker or on this forum for awhile now and have enjoyed reading all of the great information and tips on here,

after more hours and miles than I wish to share during the past couple months I was finally able to connect with my first called coyote this morning!

I pulled my roommate out of bed this morning before class and dragged him along for a little moral support. our last stand of the morning at 10 was a new area that I had recently found and been meaning to try,

After hiking into the new piece of public ground and setting up, I proceeded to spend 3 minutes on the cottontail call before switching to a pup in-distress call before I heard my roommate excitedly whisper...."COYOTE"!

The female appeared at 60 yards before stopping to investigate the source of the call, I got behind the rifle to realize I had failed to chamber a round earlier, as quietly as I could I slide one into the chamber before dropping her in her tracks!

The .55 grain v-max dropped her and I couldn't have been more excited! I'm hooked and can't wait until next fall to get back in the game!
[img:center]
P4210779.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]
P4210781.jpg
[/img]

That is a very pretty coyote! Congrats on your first, you will never forget it. I just want to warn you, IT'S A DISEASE! Sounds like you earned it by putting in some time in the field!

Congrats. LOL No matter how well I try to plan each setup seems like there is always something that goes wrong or not quite right at least. For me, calling and killing (or missing-LOL) coyotes is the most thrilling hunting I have ever done. TTT

way to go bud, likewise, i spent the winter on stand after stand, at least 3 per day and just about every day, and finaly i was just getting up when i saw it running down the the twitch road toward me. it stopped at about 90yds and i shot chest on. the shot looked good but even though we found blood i never recovered the dog. we had a foot of new snow the next day. i've spent many hours since looking but can't find, so i'm bummin, but it was monster exciting calling it in. that's my first.i think you have to go 100 stands between coyotes and i'm almost up to 50 now so any day now>
don

Congrats on number one.
thumbup.gif
Don't know why, sometimes they come in and sometimes they don't. Or if they do I don't see them
blush.gif

Back