#11 of the season at the MacDonalds Big Mac!

bushpilotmexico

Up early this morning at 4:00am, quick bite of breakfast and then off to check the carcass where I have put 3 out of their misery over the last week or so.

Got there at 5:15 am with lots of moonlight so I got settled into my stand. Dawn starts to come early now as we begin to coast towards the longest day come June. In June I will be up at 3:00 am and shooting by 4:30 am!

I saw a movement on the hill around 5:45 and confirmed it was a yote thru my binos. He was busy feasting on hamburger so I was able to confirm my range of 270 yards. I cranked on 2.0 MoA, turned the Nikon Buckmaster up to full power, settled back for a nice steady shot, got him in the cross hairs and squeezed the trigger. I could hear the 75 grain V-max hit and saw him roll off the carcass and downhill.

Nice heavy mature male and probable the one that took off at 150 mph when I nailed the cripple last week.

That's 4 yotes off of that one carcass and although I'd prefer to have the challenge of calling them in a dead yote is still a dead yote and besides I get to practice my long range shooting!

This photo is taken from the stand:

Picture001-37.jpg

These two pictures show the dead dog:

Picture002-33.jpg

Picture003-30.jpg

Here he is close up with my Sako L579 in 6 BR behind him:

Picture004-34.jpg

Had to put on the blue gloves:

Picture006-36.jpg

Great story and ya I would use the blind to. Calling is great fun but what the heck any coyote hunting is fun. Enjoyed the story, thanks.

Back