Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1904272 - 04/18/11 10:11 PM Re: 40 Year Old Gun and 20 Year Old Bullets [Re: Pruson]
EJ Reichenbach Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Montana
Just dont move, we are trying very hard to stay under that million mark.

#1904329 - 04/18/11 11:52 PM Re: 40 Year Old Gun and 20 Year Old Bullets [Re: EJ Reichenbach]
brdeano Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Northern MI
This ain't the first time BES has taken an offhanded poke at guys and their rifles, or methods.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...642#Post1095642

Here's one of my respones to his thread from 3 years ago....and a link to the thread, read it and make up your own mind.
rolleyes
Quote:
Buckeye...Good on ya for killing them the way you wanted too, but the tone just reminds me of an incident that happened to me this spring. Do you flyfish?

I was trout fishing this spring....had the place to myself when another fly fisherman showed up...he was friendly enough at first, I think that he must have mistaken me for one of the die hard catch and release guys (maybe because I had a couple GLoomis fly rod's with me, tie my own flies, and had a nice custom built net strapped to the back of my flyvest, he must have thought the red stains on my vest were from ketchup packets, not trout)....although for some reason his demeanor changed when I started popping gills and putting a few trout in my vest for supper...then all of sudden he wasn't so friendly...his eye's rolled back in his head and his head started spinning like in that exorcist movie. He started sputtering something about trout gods and how "HIS" way was better than mine....I said "but you can't eat them if you let them go"...it didn't help, he didn't see my logic. I asked him if he was OK? He just held up his two index fingers in the shape of a cross and hissed at me (I thought that maybe he had picked and eaten some bad mushrooms while walking to the river and was hallucinating) When I left he was clutching his chest and muttering something about conservation.

As I was eating the freshly fried little Brookies (which were very good by the way) I couldn't help but laugh to myself and how people think "their" way is the "best" way and everyone else is wrong, ignorant, or somehow lesser for not doing what they do....I almost choked on the fish while stifling a laugh, good thing I had a couple cold Sam Adams' handy (None of that cheap redneck Dodge4x4 beer for me). A belly full of Brooktrout, a couple cold beers and I was happy, I still wonder what 'ol catch and release guy had for dinner that night, I know it wasn't trout?

Congrats on your accomplishment though...we don't kill that many each year around here, even with all those "gadgets". Your more than welcome to come up here and hunt them with me, I must warn you though, we use Binoculars and rangefinders. It's a bit like deer hunting though as we very rarely find more than one or two in any given place and spend alot of time glassing for them.

#1904332 - 04/18/11 11:56 PM Re: 40 Year Old Gun and 20 Year Old Bullets [Re: brdeano]
brdeano Offline
Die Hard Member III

Killin' fish is a crime and my way is better than yours. rolleyes

#1905305 - 04/20/11 09:33 PM Re: 40 Year Old Gun and 20 Year Old Bullets [Re: brdeano]
BuckeyeSpecial Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Ohio
brdeano:

You are a very capable digital researcher to find that old post of mine, wow, 2008, where has the time gone?

I am kinda impressed I articulated hunting conditions and methods in my neck of the woods as well as I did....WHERE one hunts dictates HOW you hunt.

And, where one works dictates how much you spend.

You guys keep using those plastic tip bullets...I will save some of mine back for a cold winter day when I need a sizzler on an OH coyote at 400 yards with kentuck windage, it (the Vmax) and luck may do the trick.

BUT, I'd rather be shooting the 63 grain Sierra lead tip...old habits die hard.

#1905437 - 04/21/11 05:44 AM Re: 40 Year Old Gun and 20 Year Old Bullets [Re: BuckeyeSpecial]
brdeano Offline
Die Hard Member III

Never used them, but have heard good things about the 63 sierra, even on deer.

#1908215 - 04/25/11 08:52 PM Re: 40 Year Old Gun and 20 Year Old Bullets [Re: brdeano]
HideHunter Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: SE Iowa
Originally Posted By: brdeano
Buckeye...Good on ya for killing them the way you wanted too, but the tone just reminds me of an incident that happened to me this spring. Do you flyfish?

I was trout fishing this spring....had the place to myself when another fly fisherman showed up...he was friendly enough at first, I think that he must have mistaken me for one of the die hard catch and release guys (maybe because I had a couple GLoomis fly rod's with me, tie my own flies, and had a nice custom built net strapped to the back of my flyvest, he must have thought the red stains on my vest were from ketchup packets, not trout)....although for some reason his demeanor changed when I started popping gills and putting a few trout in my vest for supper...then all of sudden he wasn't so friendly...his eye's rolled back in his head and his head started spinning like in that exorcist movie. He started sputtering something about trout gods and how "HIS" way was better than mine....I said "but you can't eat them if you let them go"...it didn't help, he didn't see my logic. I asked him if he was OK? He just held up his two index fingers in the shape of a cross and hissed at me (I thought that maybe he had picked and eaten some bad mushrooms while walking to the river and was hallucinating) When I left he was clutching his chest and muttering something about conservation.

As I was eating the freshly fried little Brookies (which were very good by the way) I couldn't help but laugh to myself and how people think "their" way is the "best" way and everyone else is wrong, ignorant, or somehow lesser for not doing what they do....I almost choked on the fish while stifling a laugh, good thing I had a couple cold Sam Adams' handy (None of that cheap redneck Dodge4x4 beer for me). A belly full of Brooktrout, a couple cold beers and I was happy, I still wonder what 'ol catch and release guy had for dinner that night, I know it wasn't trout?

lol..great quote. I too, am a fly fisherman and a traditional bowhunter (longbow). How dissapointed some of my bretheren have been when they discovered I feel in no way superior to the "unwashed" who use compounds and baitcasters - and God forbid - I eat fish - often.

As a wise man once said: "Flyfishing is not a religion. You are allowed to make up the rules as up go."

It's a choice people. Make it - Practice it - Enjoy it.

Edited by HideHunter (04/25/11 08:53 PM)

#1908531 - 04/26/11 10:21 AM Re: 40 Year Old Gun and 20 Year Old Bullets [Re: HideHunter]
coleridge Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Central NC
Nothing wrong with lead tip (spitzer) bullets or hollow point. They’ve been working for years. Nothing wrong with “plastic” tip bullets either. Each has its own use (I use all three). No one ever said polymer tipped bullets revolutionized the shooting sport. Not sure why such abhorrence for them & have to defend the "old stuff". Shoot what works for you. I drive a newer model truck but I [beeep] sure wouldn't mind a '69 Camaro to scoot around in once in a while...
--------------------------------------------------

Yeah, the sleight of my hand is now a quick-pull trigger

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  venatic 

Forum Stats
48548 Members
83 Forums
289086 Topics
2733317 Posts

Max Online: 3771 @ 02/03/14 09:55 PM
Today's Birthdays
brushdog, fogdog, Stobber, VaHowler, yote_slayer84, _SAVAGE_

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.