"You must be an anti"

Muleskinner2

Why does it seem that we all are so fast to call each other an "ANTI".
On the really hot topics on this board that word gets slung around and slammed in peoples faces more than it seems like it should. I'm not thin skinned or any thing but I know for a fact that if I were standing toe to toe with someone and they called me that I'd probably drop em right in there tracks; and if I was unable to do that they sure as heck would think twice about saying it again.
So why do we as pred hunters ( just because we disagree with ones hunting methods or opinions or what ever the case may be) use the word with such disregard to each other?

Anonymity muleskinner. Lot's of people, and I say this from years of experience with ICQ and other forms of communication on the internet, tend to say things from behind the keyboard that they wouldn't dare say face to face. Many of us don't think before we post, we post from the comfort of our own home, rarely taking into consideration that our message is being delivered to hundreds, if not thousands of people. It's easy to post an insult such as your speaking of when you know the only form of retribution will be a couple of keystrokes or MAYBE a banning from the site you're posting to.

Posting such nonsense will only exasperate the problem, it won't cure anything. I seriously doubt that we have very many anti's visiting this site, it's possible, but I'll go out on a cyber limb here and say that 99.9% of our membership is anything but anti-hunting.

We owe it to all members of Predator Masters to think before we post. Save your insults for other boards, we here at PM will be taking a harder line on this kind of conduct in the future.

It seems if you're not quoting the NRA you might be an "anti". Or someone who stirs the pot. There just isn't a gray area here.

NYnovice,

It just isn't here as you put, it's everywhere. We don't hold the rights to such thinking. Their isn't a by-law or rule in our policies section that states if you don't agree with the NRA, you're a dork. Same goes with RKBA and every other alphabet soup organization. Should you go to any firearms or hunting related board you'll find the same kind of thinking. People have differing opinions. If you find those opinions shared by the majority of members at any given site offensive or in reverse of your own, it's a free internet, anyone is welcome to find somewhere else to post.

Is this a great country or what?

That's exactly what I'm trying to convey and you said it well Bob; " to hundereds if not thousands" I hope some others will read this and set back and think before they let there fingers do the talking. We get enough "bashing" from the anti community that we don't need to do it amongst ourselves. As I stated in another post, ya never know who or what kind of person you're speaking to; we might be speaking to a newbe and they hear that kind of stuff and do an aboutface and become our worst enemy.
Everyone has there own opinion and we all know that. Now we just need to learn how to respect one anothers opinion. We also need to have some tact about when and how we say stuff.

Bob I'm not quite sure about when you said, posting such nonsense wouldn't cure anything. Was that refering to this topic or the calling each other anti? Just wasn't quite clear on that one.

Thanx for your input so far

I did forget to mention that you're post was well put Bob. I also feel that anonymity works for us as well. We can get cold, hard opinions on issues without people feeling threatened. Maybe we lose some tact in the process but it has advantages and drawbacks.

NYNovice,

You are absolutely correct..I've rarely heard of anyone getting slapped through a monitor, although my subscription to National Enquirer has expired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Muleskinner:

My comment that you mentioned was aimed at the flaming of each other when discussing the issues, not your post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It all has to do with home training.Respect thy neighbor.
Seriously,most people only think of how they can hunt in their home state(anyway, theirs are right).It doesn't matter if it's hunting with dogs,shining(spotlight),baiting(deer,bears,lions etc)
With so many folks,trying to tell us(hunters),that we are cruel,heartless,cro-magnum men,trying to take our guns away etc,it's no wonder we get a little touchy sometimes.Hmmm,I wonder if this is how the Pilgrims felt,thats food for the ol' noggin.
Yeah,I know we should have more unity than we do,but I also realize there are far to many personalities involved with and too many that can't be pleased.the biggest thing hunters need to learn is different strokes for different folks,learn to agree to diagree,live an let live,just my humble thoughts,it's late an I'm rattling....Nathan

Back