Cabelas Tactical Scopes? Good or bad?

Catsniper97

I have been looking for a 22-250 (caliber specific) scope but my budget is not very large. I was wondering what you thought about Cabelas scopes.

I have had a half dozen Cabela's scopes and most have been quite good. The thing is, you have to look at is from Cabela's point of view. If 70% of their scopes are good, 50% of buyers will bother to return the bad ones and that means a net quality of 85%, if my math isn't faulty. The quality control requirements are structured at that number.

If you buy a Cabela's brand scope, don't hesitate to send it back if you are not satisfied. It is built into the numbers and they will not gripe.

The scopes themselves will follow the bracket type quality/price structure of most brands of scopes. The lowest price (pine ridge in this case) should be avoided. Many Pine Ridge scopes are easy to identify as you can still read "Coca-Cola" at the edge of the objective. The Probably not as bad as Barska, but nearly. The Alaskan Guide series is pretty good.

If I were going to save money on a rifle scope I would go with a Burris Fullfield II or a Redfield. Both are good glass for a good price consistently.

All comments should be taken with a grain of salt as my situation isn't the same as yours. If I had a wife and kids, the review may be completely different.

I have had bad luck with Cabelas brand scopes and personally would never buy another. Not sure of the price of the one you are looking at. But those Redfields seem to be pretty darn good for the price. I do not own one but have shot several rifles of a friend that runs a few of them. There are quite a few people on here that like them as well.

I can't speak from field experience with them. However after looking at them at the store I wouldn't spend money on one. Save your pennies and toss a Nikon buckmaster on your rifle instead. They aren't much more and they are a lot more scope for the money.

Nikon predator scope is working good for me. With the program you can make it work with almost any caliber. Just whacked a chuck today with it. I just put it's head in the top circle and bang flop.

Dont waste your time or money. I asked one of the scope guys at the cabelas here, if he could tell me just who made the scopes, he did some research and said it was some company in japan. That did it for me, plus I have heard nothing good about them.

Back