Todays pdog shoot

5spd

Well it was fair with 189 rounds out today.
I can hear several coyotes barking at eary daybreak. This is the same place I took out 4 last year.
Told to shoot on sight when they present themselves when I am p-dogging per the ranch manager.
Overcast/sunny/misted a tad, hardly any wind. It was 20-50MPH all week till today around here and they were out. I was waiting on one of my over looks into a long valley packed with them about a 3/4 mile long.
So after about 78 shots or so I happen to look up and see a coyote standing broadside at about 800+/- yards looking at me.
Well I always have my diaphram call in my pocket, so I blow a female long howl and its off and trotting straight to me.
There are 2 valleys in between us and many low spots so I have no idea if its off down to the creek bottoms or making my way.
I move my FP10 and it pops out at about 150yds, sees me and in a flash as Im squeezing the trigger busts down the arryo
I let it go, not shooting.
Back to shooting p-dogs till I leave & as I am walking back to the truck.....bark bark bark! Another/same? coyote letting me know Im busted about 400 yards off.
Yup they/it got me 2x on April fools day....darn dogs!

I use a standard double reed & a single reed turkey call depending on my noise. I can blow my regular coyote calls with the reed in my mouth and get both going so it sounds like a racket on a rabbit or big coyote beating a small one up or anything else.

Back