Broke in the new scope with a double

prkrgrp

finally decided to go back to pine Mt. Fri. and left at 2:23 AM
decided to drive in the opposite way I've gone in the past since I have had no luck for 9 months, was cold and spitting snow, got lazy and left the camera in the blazer as I mentioned my luck here has been crappy for the last 9 months.

Got set up and let out a short howl with 3 short barks, waited a few min. and went to rabbit distress, another 3 or 4 min. then a short pup distress, out of the corner of my eye i see movement, get turned around and sure enough one lone dog is trying to get downwind of me, I bark, it stops, I range it at 250, put the circle right in the middle and squeeze, he drops, I look up and I think i miss, i see a dog running through the sage, i bark again it stops 50 yards out from first shot, again i put the circle right in the middle and squeeze, i here the familiar plop and nothing,

Well I sat there for 5 min. thinking this is just my luck at pine Mt. I'm never coming back, and this scope is going on line for sale.
After another few min. I decide just to be fair and a good sportsman i will go look for blood, sure enough to my shock, i walk up on one dead dog right where i shot it, I thought what the heck there must have been 2 dogs come in at the same time, I make a big circle working my way out and sure enough I find another dog dead where i shot it, finally broke the curse at Pine Mt. never give up. and I got a double for the first two kills on the new scope. life is good life is grand,
Quote from Duane F.
tried to get pics but the camera is still fighting me.
oh yea, i was using Ty's howler and rabbit distress, Rem. 22-250, 55 grn A-max
[img:center]
pinemtdouble.jpg
[/img]

Ya'll don't know how good it is to read post like this--not glad that you had bad luck for 9mts, But things will turn around if you just keep on keeping on.

Congrats on the great hunt and double--

David

Gotta love mud and dead coyotes! (OK, I hate the mud.) How'd ya stay so clean? Congrats on breaking the slump!

Originally Posted By: dan brothersgood deal.... i guess you were using the coyote special scope...

i wanted to buy one of the coyote special scopes for months never could find any reviews, then i saw a write up on optics forum by randy johnson, after he used it for several months he had 5 star remarks for the new scope, that was it, i had to have one, lucked out made a trade for my buckmaster, now having said this,i have to say this is a predator scope only, if you shoot match or targets you will be disappointed., i love it

Originally Posted By: tt35Gotta love mud and dead coyotes! (OK, I hate the mud.) How'd ya stay so clean? Congrats on breaking the slump!

45 min before the pics there was 3 in of snow on the ground, it all melted and turned into good old central oregon gooo

Great to hear the dry spell is over.

My Dad always said after a bad hunt "we're one day closer to a good day"
FINE OUTCOME FOR SURE.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: vicfox Great to hear the dry spell is over.

My Dad always said after a bad hunt "we're one day closer to a good day"
FINE OUTCOME FOR SURE.
i have been hunting this area for 9 months i see and hear dogs every trip, they always bust me right away and sit out there 800 yds or so and bark at me , i finally got the drop on 2 of them at gave em the 22-250 smack down.

Glad things worked out for ya. I told you to stick with that area.
"The sun is sure to shine on the dogs butt, if the dog turns the right way". hahahahah!!!!!!

Back