who here likes ted nugent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your opinion, as stated: "He only uses hunting to stand out from other celebrities."

A little history:

Ted has always been a hunter. He wasn't always public about it. Being a celebrity, he valued his hunting time for the privacy it afforded him, as well as the other aspects of it. He was initially reluctant to be public about his hunting.

BUT, he has a lot of kids coming to him, asking him about this hunting thing. He saw that there was a need, a lot of young fans, who might end up being non-hunters at best, possibly even anti-hunters, who wanted to learn about it and didn't have anyone they knew who hunted. So he decided to do something about it, at great personal cost.

By cost, I refer to both his privacy and income. He claims that his public advocacy of hunting and gun rights has lost him several million dollars in contracts. Recording deals, tours and other live performances.

Then, he's spent his time. Ever seen him in concert? You may not like his music, and that's OK, but part of every show is devoted to reminding people of what some of their rights are. He talks about guns, hunting, the UN, many things.

He makes it very clear that he is opopsed to drug and alcohol use, something not common in the world of Rock stars.

He gives up a lot of privacy, because he's making his field time public, to be shared with strangers, all in an effort to keep mainstream America from losing sight of the fact that there isn't anything wrong with hunting.

And of course, he pays in other ways, such as people reacting the way you do. You can't stand him, think he's an idiot, regardless of what he does for our side. He knows you're out here, yet he does this anyway, despite the fact that you have no appreciation for any of what he does. It's all part of the package.

Is Ted brash? Yep. Loud? Yep. Sometimes over the top? Absolutely. Sometimes he makes me cringe a bit, too, and he knows that, and I'm about as un-politically correct as they come. He has said it himself, publicly: In his own opinion, if he's the best we have, that's pretty bad. He WANT's someone better, actually encourages others to do everything they can, and would love to see someone do it better.

Been looking around at who's on our side? Not too many out there.

He's spent his life achieving a level of celebrity, and has chosen to in turn spend that coin on our causes.

You may not like him. You may not want him doing the things he does. The truth is that he did more for hunting last week than you or I are likely to accomplish in our entire lives. That isn't a slam on you, it's just the way it is.

Of course, that isn't engraved in stone, either. You may go on to far greater accomplishments in this area, time will tell. I do what I can, and I think it's fair to say at this point in my life it's most unlikely that I will come anywhere near what he's already done. I do my small parts anyway, because I think we need everything we can get.

Ted isn't here to defend himself. You started this thread and slammed him pretty hard. Those of us who've been in this fight for years have a lot of appreciation and respect for the man, because he has earned it. You have the right to your opinion, right or wrong. You also have the reality that when you slam someone like this, it's the equivalent of picking on a family member and you're going to get some feedback. A lot of it you won't like.

All we know about each other is what comes through this screen. From what I see, you're pretty young with lots of growing to do. That isn't a bad thing, it's a part of life's cycle. 20 years from now I'd like to think you'll be talking to someone, young and brash, trying to set an example and maybe doing some good.

Ouch, I carry two HK USP a left & right hand model on shoulder and 6 mags + the one in the guns.
And that don't count the Colt 45 acp that i have for back up with 12 mags. Looks like I out did Ted on this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

coyotebuster:

First a question - are you from NY? I once ran in with a guy "buster something" from NY-you sound a lot like him....anyhow:

Just to put some information (facts) out on the table, these are just a couple of the many activities that Nuge puts time, effort, and money into:

Finding a Cure-Sportsmen Teaming With The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Presents, as well as
Ted Nugent Camp for Kids, etc. etc.

Just go to his web site and you will quickly find that he puts his life and money where his mouth is - can you do the same?

He protects hunters, hunting rights, and the 2nd Amendment while using this format as a platform to help fund the less fortunate - can you do the same?

His outrageous statements and behavior is a method to get people to get their heads out of their butts - can you do the same?

You should spend some time exploring the facts behind a subject before you believe all of the biased, liberal, anti-hunting media, fantasy, bs and shoot off your uninformed, immature pie hole - sorry but your dog don't hunt here and it's past your bed time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ok coyotebuster here is the deal.
I have e-mailed Mr Nugent and asked him if he or someone else in an offical capacity would come here and help clarify matters.

I just finished sending my message and am not sure when he or they will respond or if they even will.
However I am going to say this to you.
Until someone does arrive that can defend the man, you might find it wise to drop this subject entirely.
I understand that you are young, and I would find it particularly distasteful not to mention sad to ban someone of your age.

However this is not a warning, this is a promise.

If I hear one more peep out of you badmouthing Mr Nugent or any of the moderators you had better start looking for a new place to post.

Please think about that awhile before you reply.

Sincerely Craig Hamilton.

Good call and a very good idea Craig. But shouldn't Rosie be given the same courtesy? snicker snicker snicker. SHEEEESH! I ought to be banned for that one!!! HEEE HEEE HEEEE.

Well, I have to admit, when I began reading this topic I was almost tickled at CoyoteBuster, thinking he was just stirring the pot in here, then I got to his post as quoted below and HAD to respond:

Ted sells used arrows(bloody ones from game) on the internet for $2000,
Do you think he keeps this money?? Not likely!! I'm sure the money he makes from his arrow sales goes right back into the sporting community to protect the rights of ALL of us, and unfortunately that includes you too, I bet if you could sell your own arrows for that much money, you'd just pocket it wouldn't you??

Then you said this:
He was also questioned for carrying a weapon (he has the right to carry a gun thats not my point) but what he was packing was a glock with 4 extra magazines plus the ones that were already in it. Thats a litlte extreme dnt ya think?????
I have seen no truer an indication of a classic ANTI-GUN as the statement you made when you said that!! Your exactly the reason that honest law abiding sportsmen are limited in what we can own and when we can carry it, and personally I dont think its ANYONES business how many weapons a man carries or how much ammo he carries if its legal, hell as far as that goes, I dont care if its legal or not, its our RIGHT to OWN AND BEAR ARMS!!!!

You sound like Senator Don Perata, applying for a CCW and all the while fighting for more stringent gun laws, talk about hypocrisy, you definitely fit the bill!! Your probably descendants of the ones who spit on our veterans as they returned from Viet Nam, I bet you like Jane Fonda, Rosie O'Donnell and probably even PETA dont ya??

You'll probably whine about getting banned from the site because of the personal attacks you have made on one of the TRUE ICONS of our sport, you should be ashamed of yourself CoyoteBuster and if you actually think about what you said, you will see your err, or at least I hope you can. Obviously you dont feel what you said was wrong, and you may think we are all being a little extreme, but you have to understand that if WE dont defend our rights and the people who fight for them, then no one will, and eventually, we will not have any rights.

The first to go will be the right to own and bear arms, then the freedom of speech will follow closely behind, and then the freedom of religion and so on... right down the line, until they are ALL gone, and as history has proven a revolution will eventually follow, and guess who will be losing their lives in the next one... you or your kids or grandkids, someone in your family, maybe a few generations down the line, but someone from your family will have to fight for the rights that YOU allowed to slip away!!!

I dont mean to be so brash towards you, I only intend for you to see what can happen when we start to divide amongst ourselves, I dont even like to think about it, but if we dont all stick together, regardless of our music preference, religious beliefs, hair styles or the clothes we wear, then we will have NOTHING to fight for!!

We ALL need to stick together if we are to stand a chance against any group of people trying to limit or even take away our rights!!

Just my opinions on the subject, and chances are they will be as meaningless as everyone else that has tried to explain to you, but I still had to make my comments known, even if just for a piece of mind.

Then again, I may be suffering from Cat Scratch Fever, but Thats The Story Of Love, so lets Separate The Men From The Boys Please, cause we Cant Live With Em in a Motorcity Madhouse... (hehehe KEEP ROCKIN' NUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!)

CB,
From other posts of yours I gather that you're 17ish. Son, you're just about old enough to die for your country. I enlisted at 17 (Mom & Pop had to give a Thumb's Up).
Think about it. You are just about old enough to defend our rights, country, citizens. If the gov't decided to bring back the draft, you would be on their radar screen. One day, Lord knows with all of this PLO terror, YOU may recieve a call from Uncle Sam. You may return from battle with physical and emotional scars. The folks that you are siding with right now will greet you with insults and spittle. That being said, please attempt to conduct yourself in a polite manner.
You're breaking my heart, and I doubt that I'm alone in this feeling...

Can't wait to hear from Nuge or someone that represents him. He He He

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I am very sorry that you feel compelled to make the statements that you have CB. Little do you know, but the media, the antis, and society have crept up on you.

God Bless Ted Nugent for what he has done for all of us. I will stand by him too, and coyotebuster I just think that you are wrong on this one.

CB,
I just got back and WOW. Kid you need to be asking questions - not knocking the Nuge. This is a guy who has NEVER talked out of side of his mouth (i.e. lied) like the media you are so worried about has. He was anti-drug long before it was cool (notice all the drugie musicians jumping on that band-wagon) and although you weren't around for the 70's that was an extreme position to take then. Even if you don't like his music, message, or style, there is one thing you should remember -- "When someone is on YOUR side you don't try to take him out, you support him."
And this also applies to the guys who defended your right to speak this way. Yeah, it upsets me to hear this rubbish but I also defend your right to speak your mind. That being said, I would be treading very lightly for awhile if I were you. Even the constitution doesn't say you aren't responsible for the consequences of your actions.

CB, The lesson that your friends here are trying to hammer into your skull is a valuable one. I, along with most of these guys learned it a long time ago. You have 2 ears, 1 mouth, listen twice as much as you speak, you will get smarter.

Although you have the right to voice an opinion, that does not necessarily make the opinion valid. Opinions that are based on facts instead of feelings carry more weight. If you want to be taken seriously, you had better slow down and realize that your not 15 anymore. Like me and most of the guys here, when you were 15 you knew everything, as you get older you get dumber. That is why you know more than all these guys here.

They all agree with your right to speak out, they just don't agree with what you are saying.

I can understand why you still think you are correct and the other 70 odd posts that don't agree with you are wrong. After all they only have around 3000 yrs. of life experience to draw on and you have 17.

Your right to your opinion comes with responsibilities. Your right to swing you arm comes with a responsibility. Figure it out.

Redfrog

Hello
Well Ted Nuget and I know one of the same guys. There is a little place across the river called "The Arrow Factory" and the owner of it sells Ted archery equipment from time to time. The owner and Ted have hunted together,[pictures on display on the wall] and Ted sent him some autographed books to sell.

Most of Ted's music is a little "Before my time", but he did write a song about Fred Bear that I really enjoyed.

He is one of us.

Edit: Now coyote, a word of advice, about boards in general. Most of them are really nice, but you have to remember that somebody is footing the bills, and that person is not you. As such, they have the right to set the tone, the rules.

So the best bet to get along is not to intentionally fire off posts that are apt to get a lot of folks riled. Kinda like being a guest in somebody's home. Just a little decorum goes a long way.

And if you do, mistakenly let a shot fly across somebody's bow [Yes coyote, I have done it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ], pick yourself up, learn from it, and try not to do that again. Nuff said.

Edit #2
On a lighter note, Jason, where do you manage to stash your wallet, your shades, the keys to the truck? You'd have to have a bad guy throw down on you just to go to work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just joshing ya.

Jason, you pack more hardware than I like to carry around. I carry a Glock Model 30 with one spare mag, most of the time. Plus the odd comabt knife or 2, and a case of the ass, and... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I note that one complain about the Nuge was that he had 4 magazines, in addition to the ones in the Glock.

I own 3 Glocks, and have never been able to get more than one in the gun at a time, in any model. If Mr. Nuge has figured out a way to get more inside the grip, I wanna know how he does it! Gotta have my best speed reload beat all hollow, doncha know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My parents raised my brother and myself very sticktly. Children are meant to be heard and not seen. Never answer a question until spoken too. Never interupt a conversation between grown-ups. We were never allowed to make ourselves heard. Other children making a specticle of themselves was considered wrong. I'm sure there are alot of you that were raised the same.

So now were adults. Some people still apply those rules even to other adults. I know I even do catch myself doing that and there is one thing that we have to admit Ted does do that. He stands up in a crowd. But damn sit back and look at him. He is just having fun doing what he loves to do. He isnt hurting anyone and he is the greastest activest the sportsman can have. He has proven himself as a rocker and a sportsman. Raised himself high on both levels. Ya gotta respect that. Sure the man might have an ego but he believes in what he has and what he has going. If I was in his shoes I'd have an ego too. That ego is a great thing here it drives him and pushes him forward, and in the end it helps every hunter out there. I'll admit I will never be able to accomplish out there what he has done but I look at it and think to myself that I can to something more to preserve this great sport of our. His work becomes my inspiration to do something whatever it is, its more then what I have done before.

So sure he is loud but damn, every sportsman out there has to respect him. I know I do. He tries hard to reach the public in a outspoken way and he does. He has got a great show and he is for real. CB now looking at him that way, what cant you like about him.

By the way I read that same article, and maybe the man who wrote it should have left his opinions to himself.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif COYOTE BUSTER i should rip you a new one because NUGENT IS GOD. You are an embarassment to the hunting community for your comments on Ted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back