7mm-08

I plan on it. it is a sweet shooting gun. that load that shoots the .5 is a 69gr matchking and with cheap 55gr hornady softpoints im getting little over an inch shooting off bipods. i havent tested it on the leadsled but im sure itll shoot better.

well i ordered my tikka t3 stainless synthetic today. i had to have scheels call around to their different stores to try and locate one because they were the cheapest i have found because everybody else had them marked at 729 instead of 599. They salesman told me that the reason they were marked so high is because tikka isnt making the 7mm-08 because they stopped in 2010. he also said that they werent going to make the 204 ruger and 260 anymore. has anybody else heard this?

Have killed more deer with a 7mm-08 Mountain Rifle than anything else in my arsenal...........though a custom Kampfeld 257 WBY is gaining on it.........................

GUNBOSS

7mm-08 is great, so is the Tikka. I am a Sako nut too and would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone, but there is nothing wrong with the Tikka's either. Buy what you can afford, and toss some good glass on it. If good glass precludes the Sako then go with the Tikka, both are good rifles.

Originally Posted By: markleywell i ordered my tikka t3 stainless synthetic today. i had to have scheels call around to their different stores to try and locate one because they were the cheapest i have found because everybody else had them marked at 729 instead of 599. They salesman told me that the reason they were marked so high is because tikka isnt making the 7mm-08 because they stopped in 2010. he also said that they werent going to make the 204 ruger and 260 anymore. has anybody else heard this?

The wholesale distributors are still showing plenty of 7mm-08's in stock, so I'm not sure that's right. The 204 and 260 may have been discontinued though.

Back