Burris Fullfield II E1 Reticle

browning442

Has anyone used this scope/reticle? I'm thinking about putting one on my new Rem SPS Tactical .223

It is my understanding it is the same as a fullfield II, with the new E1 reticle and rather than turning the whole eye piece for power adjustment, you just turn a ring.

I want to get one of these also, I'm just waiting for my dealer to get his order. I talked to a rep from Burris and he said that it is a ff II with the E1 and the adjustment ring just as you stated. U can't wait I hate my tasco that is on my .223.

Actually they are available, in stock at a couple online stores and even saw one at scheels. Had my FFL order me one for 170 bucks. I looked through the one at scheels and really liked it. Hopefully it works out well on my remington sps tactical.

About time they put a couple dots on the BP reticle for windage--that's the only thing i never really liked about the BP reticle was the lack of a more direct system of windage reference for LR shooting.

I still prefer the Leupold VH reticle for all-around long range shooting on coyotes though.

The E1 is built around the same optical design as the FullField II. The 3 significant changes we made were the addition of the E1 reticle, the independent magnification ring, and the new finger turnable turrets. The last one tends to get overlooked but once you start using this scope you will learn to appreciate them.

They are in stock at many locations at this point and we are shipping them out daily so keep an eye out for them.

Originally Posted By: Burris OpticsThe E1 is built around the same optical design as the FullField II. The 3 significant changes we made were the addition of the E1 reticle, the independent magnification ring, and the new finger turnable turrets. The last one tends to get overlooked but once you start using this scope you will learn to appreciate them.

They are in stock at many locations at this point and we are shipping them out daily so keep an eye out for them.

so are the new knobs resetable to zero? no little disc to rotate, ect?

shame to see the Timberline model get dropped! Then again I've always favored American style lock ring type reticle focus.

I see Nikon finally did away with the coin type knob on the prostaff also. Sadly going to a fast focus reticle eyepiece

I have one in 4.5x14x42. The knobs don't reset to zero. The scope is very clear and the reticle has very fine cross hairs that seem to float in the center of the scope. (They don't go all the way across the scope) I do like the reticle and clarity of the scope but wish they had the photos right in the web site.

Jim

thanks jim. i wasn't sure about that either, and i didn't know the reticle was floating until i looked through the one at scheels. the pics they have of the reticle make it look like it extends to the edges. i agree with you, they need to get a little better pics, especially for a new scope like that. do you use the bullet drop chart from a regular ballistic plex for .223?

Originally Posted By: catwhackerI have one in 4.5x14x42. The Burris web site shows it in there photos to have adjustable parallax (it doesn't have that) The knobs don't reset to zero. The scope is very clear and the reticle has very fine cross hairs that seem to float in the center of the scope. (They don't go all the way across the scope) I do like the reticle and clarity of the scope but wish they had the photos right in the web site. I like PA on a scope and this one doesn't have it.

Jim

I didn't think they made a 4.5-14 FFII that didn't have a PA. Here's one on a buddy's Sav. Striker that's worked well for us. Now that they added the windage points in the BP reticle that's nicer for sure. Have had 6 Burris's over the years and thought they were just fine--

028_28.jpg

I haven't had this one long enough to test the BP. I will be using it on a 17 Rem. I do have the FF11 with B-plex on a 223 and it works good.

I ordered mine from Cabela's. There Shooting catalog says it has a IR reticle for low light conditions.
Cabala's catalog is wrong.

Originally Posted By: lennyzrx

so are the new knobs resetable to zero? no little disc to rotate, ect?

shame to see the Timberline model get dropped! Then again I've always favored American style lock ring type reticle focus.

I see Nikon finally did away with the coin type knob on the prostaff also. Sadly going to a fast focus reticle eyepiece

The new turrets are not resetable to zero like a target turret. It does have a collar which you may move to zero but it will not lock into place like a tactical knob. It is for all intents and purposes a hunter style knob. I hope that answers your question.

The Timberline has not been dropped. We simply reduced the number of models available.

I think most companies are moving towards the fast focus diopter adjustments.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: catwhackerI have one in 4.5x14x42. The Burris web site shows it in there photos to have adjustable parallax (it doesn't have that) The knobs don't reset to zero. The scope is very clear and the reticle has very fine cross hairs that seem to float in the center of the scope. (They don't go all the way across the scope) I do like the reticle and clarity of the scope but wish they had the photos right in the web site. I like PA on a scope and this one doesn't have it.

Jim

The 4.5x-14x FullField E1 DOES have parallax adjustment. I'm not sure what you have but if it doesn't have PA then it's not a 4.5-14 FF E1. If you are sure you have one that is without PA please PM me and I'll take care of it.

Originally Posted By: catwhackerI ordered mine from Cabela's. There Shooting catalog says it has a IR reticle for low light conditions. ( it doesn't) Burris shows it with PA in there photo(it doesn't have that)
Cabala's web site shows it the way it comes so be sure of what your getting. Really not easy telling what your going to get.
Burris needs to fix there misleading web site.

I can't speak for what is printed in Cabela's catalog but our website photo is correct. http://www.burrisoptics.com/fullfield4.html#4x14x Again, it has PA.

Cabela's web site isn't showing a 4.5-14. It's showing a 3x-9x which doesn't have PA so their photo is correct as well.

Cabela's FullField E1

I'm not sure what's misleading about our site. You go to FullField E1 and click on the 4.5-14 and you get a picture of a 4.5-14 which clearly shows an objective bell with PA.

Burris is 100% correct on the 4.5x14 scope. Mine came in the correct box but with the wrong scope in it I got the scope and looked through it then put it back in the box until I have time to work with it. I never noticed it was a 3x9 E1. until I read Burris Optics post. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Jim

Burris,

do you know if the regular ballistic plex drop chart can be used for the E1 reticle, as far as the drop denotations go? or does an E1 come with its own drop chart? I ordered one but haven't gotten it in yet so i was just curious.

Originally Posted By: browning442Burris,

do you know if the regular ballistic plex drop chart can be used for the E1 reticle, as far as the drop denotations go? or does an E1 come with its own drop chart? I ordered one but haven't gotten it in yet so i was just curious.

The subtensions of the holdover markings on the E1 reticle are the same as the Ballistic Plex. You can use the same charts. You can also call in to the tech support guys and they will help you come up with your own specific chart.

Last edited:
Back