best kill light for shotgun and for scanning..(sorry)

buy 2 or 3 a friend will want one...

1 for the gun
1 for scaning.

i would use a headlamp to scan...trying to walk to a stand holding all your equipment and a flashlight isnt easy...

and for just a shotgun a good headlamp does it all...
you want one thats on your forehead...a flashlight on your head lights up your gun and everything around you with the spill...been there..done ..that...
doesnt hurt to have a not so bright light under the barrel...remember you have to have the fur come into range..its not going to trot right in if your blinding it.

I use the 100 model for scanning. You do not want to scan with the light that is attached to your weapon though. I do have an attachement that I make for mounting the 100 on a hat for a headlight and you can clock it for use when hunting with a shotgun. Please PM me for the details on the hat mount.

None of these animals thought the flashlight mounted on the hat was to bright or cast to much halo.
38.jpg

J.Weber

must be ok all those fox and a yote here in the east.....coons in my area run into cars with there high beams on fox are not to bad either..they come in pretty easy...as long as you dont have to much backlight and flood....and get yourself busted...so the 100 has a tighter spot i assume...

is that up north or out east...the coon look real skinny...

man that fellow with you always kills a ton of grays...this time last year he wrote the predator light was the best...so the kill light must be better...i believe in my testing the flashlights are...i couldnt affix a yellow cover on the predator light...and keep a good spot

does the 100 have less flood...i see the gun lights have a very large halo shield and the head flashlights do not have any...i asked that in another thread a couple days ago but nobody had a answer...about the flood on the red 100

congrats on the fur

The 100 is more of a floody light works better for scanning, the bill of the hat acts as a halo shield when the light is nounted up that high therefore no extra halo shield needed. The halo shield on my xlr250 is for keeping the light off my gun and to stop it from reflecting back into my scope.
Yes, he used to use a predator light, but not any more.
This pic was taken this year in west central Texas at the begining of March. We never had an animal shy from the red kill-lights and most of the animals on this trip were shot from 35 yards or less. I did not get out to hunt near as much as I'd have like here in PA due to having a child this year, but Kirk and many others sure did put a smack down using the kill-lights.
BY the way coon run from cars in Tx too, but not a red kill-Light.

I used the XLR 250 this past season on my Benelli with good success. I use it for a shooting light only, I scan with a headlamp.
P1250309.jpg

Back