Shooting Stix's?

Tolley

I am in the market for some shooting stix's, please post your brand and why you like them. Also if you have any pics of them that would be nice aswell.

Thanks in advance

Kris

I prefer the Bog Gear Shooting Sticks. They have several models to suit your needs. They are easily adjustable from sitting heighth to standing, depending on the model you like, and available in bipod or tripod models.The cradle that holds the rifle pivots 360 degrees which is a great feature if your angle of shot changes.

Last edited:
Mine are home made. I got exactly what I wanted that way. I have two kinds:

These folding ones are really compact:
DSC00044.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

They're made from wallyworld replacement tent poles, automotive hose, and a vacuum cleaner belt.

DSC00043.jpg

Maybe 10 or 12 bucks invested in these.

These are actually my favorites; I use these more than any of the others:

DSC00040.jpg

They're made of electric fence posts from Tractor Supply and a pair of boot laces.

DSC00041.jpg

About five dollars in these.

If you can't do the braid to join the fence posts, you can pick up a bag of castration bands while you're at it and join them this way:

DSC00059.jpg

I also have the BOG Gear CLD tripod. You can see it on the right in this photo:

DSC00122-1.jpg

It works awesome when calling from a standing position in tall brush. It's just sort of awkward to move for odd-angle shots when sitting or kneeling.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HidenseekproMine are home made. I got exactly what I wanted that way. I have two kinds:

These folding ones are really compact:
DSC00044.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

They're made from wallyworld replacement tent poles, automotive hose, and a vacuum cleaner belt.

DSC00043.jpg

Maybe 10 or 12 bucks invested in these.

These are actually my favorites; I use these more than any of the others:
Those are nice stix you have quite the variety.

Keep them coming fellows

DSC00040.jpg

They're made of electric fence posts from Tractor Supply and a pair of boot laces.

DSC00041.jpg

About five dollars in these.

If you can't do the braid to join the fence posts, you can pick up a bag of castration bands while you're at it and join them this way:

DSC00059.jpg

I also have the BOG Gear CLD tripod. You can see it on the right in this photo:

DSC00122-1.jpg

It works awesome when calling from a standing position in tall brush. It's just sort of awkward to move for odd-angle shots when sitting or kneeling.

I used Varmint Al's bi-fur-pod for quite a while, but mainly these days I use a pair kind of like the homemade tripod Hidenseekpro uses, only mine's a bi-pod and is out of 5/8 dowels. Here's a picture.

IMG_9493.JPG

Cost about 5 bucks.

Ben
smile.gif

I have a Harris bipod that I love and would never get rid of, but it does not work in all situation's. I like the looks of the homemade one's keep the idea's coming. Thanks

I keep my Bog Gear bipod the right length to shoot from the kneeling position without doing a complete setup, and have a nice carry strap, keeping it easily accessible. The fully adjustable features make it superior for my use.

Find two old graphite golf drivers at the local pro shop or thrift store. Remove the head and cut off the grip. Put a bolt/nut at the pivot point and some rubber hose on the ends. A little brown paint and your ready to roll. It is cheap, super light, strong, and most important quiet. Much better than spending $50 for x-long NOISY aluminum arrow shafts

101_1409.jpg

e.jpg

102_1225.jpg

Mine consist of 2 .75"x38" dowel rods from Home Depot, a Chicago nut and bolt thorugh the Center. The Forearm guards are Heavy Duty Electric heat shrink. I think they cost me $10. They also make for good snake movers. Adam

Back