best kill light?

Originally Posted By: Takemgood points. I have more than a few of these now and I couldn't tell you which one is "best". I think I like the solarforce but ask me again tomorrow. ha

Takem....I'm waiting for your inventory review post. I have the G4 now and the 802 on the way.

I am curious about the 802. Dino direct has a few versions of it. I haven't ordered one yet. Overall I think the solarforce skyline will be my go to light next season. Hard to beat that tight hotspot with just enough spill and the silent button. I did have 1 fox hear when I clicked on my xlr250 last season. Still got him but I rushed the shot because he was about to bolt. So I like the idea of a silent clickie. The skyline isnoticeably brighter with cr123's but in a pinch I can throw a 18650 in there. The skyray 1jc8 is a close second and is a little brighter. Gave a couple ok lights to friends. There's one more on the way.

Originally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: Takemgood points. I have more than a few of these now and I couldn't tell you which one is "best". I think I like the solarforce but ask me again tomorrow. ha

Takem....I'm waiting for your inventory review post. I have the G4 now and the 802 on the way.

How do you like the G4?

the g4 is equal or brighter than all the lights i bought...i stuck with them...for 20 dollars there hard to beat...
i use 2 yellow dj gell sheets in them...good to 250 through the scope...

the spiderfire red led works great for rimfire and shotgun...it takes 18650 batteries but the specs does not list it...

Originally Posted By: smilinIBJust goes to show...some don't give an honest review in their haste to plug a product. If they aren't reading the question, disreguard the answer.

Actualy I wasnt "plugging" a product, I was giving an honest opinion as to the the best kill light! In my opinion you get what you pay for and a 20 dollar kill light just wont be that great. I believe you can get by with a 20 dollar or so scanning light.

Quote:In my opinion you get what you pay for and a 20 dollar kill light just wont be that great.

Is that opinion based on how you feel or fact. Have you compared both lights side by side?

Yes, I've tried a few. I found an awsome 30 dollar stream light that was bright as heck with a white bulb. I couldnt find a red lense for it so I used some red gel paper as a filter and it killed the light output. I believe that the XLR with the red led light is the ticket. If you know of another light that has a red led, let me know, I would love to try it and be proven wrong. Again, Its just an opinion, didnt mean to step on anyones tows, espsecially smilin.......it seems he has a smart comment on alot of peoples posts.

gman,I see you use a shotgun for Coyotes,I use a similar light rig, was wondering if you would share what load you use.Any others, your experience?

Sorry if this has been covered.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: srs028Originally Posted By: smilinIBJust goes to show...some don't give an honest review in their haste to plug a product. If they aren't reading the question, disreguard the answer.

Actualy I wasnt "plugging" a product, I was giving an honest opinion as to the the best kill light! In my opinion you get what you pay for and a 20 dollar kill light just wont be that great. I believe you can get by with a 20 dollar or so scanning light.

Technically the kill light is a cheap light from china. But if you want red a red led is the way to go. Red filters cut a lot of light output. Amber on the other hand...

Back