removing the recoil pad on a Winchester Super X2

BUSCHY

Before I go yanking the pad off the end I am sure some of you guys have done it before. Simple question. Just pull it off? I know on my Benelli's they just pop out, but I have never had the pad off my Super X2. I would think that has to be the answer since there are no screws through the pad into the synthetic stock (just like the Benelli's).

Thanks in advance.

There are actually two screws that hold the butt pad on...the rubber of the pad actually covers them but if you look real close, you will see what looks like a tiny cut or slit. One is on top and one is near the bottom but the are centered left-to-right. A drop of dishsoap on the first inch or two on a phillips screwdriver and tou will be able to feel when you get on the head of the screw.They will stay contained in the pad so alternate betwwen the two screws until you get the pad off.

I will have to look a little closer. I surely didn't see the openings (and I thought I looked really close).

I need to pull the recoil spring out is the reason and see what is causing it to hang up. Once in awhile the spring is hanging up in the stock and then snaps back after a few seconds delay.

thanks for the responses.

Back