LED shooting Light

xARS21

Hello-

I have been trying to sort and read through all of the other threads. I am starting to get mixed up with all of your recommendations.

I would just like to know what would be the best LED light to buy so I could I.D. 150-200 yds? I would like something with 2 modes (high and low) also the cheapest being a college student and funds are low.

Also i was going to buy the $20 ebay light but it sounded like it may have changed and that you can get it from the U.S.
Could someone send me a link to the correct one so i purchase the right one.

-Thank you

you have all kinds of options, these LED lights are getting brighter and brighter!
what i use is:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-w...-2-cr123a-16240
with
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/glass-optics-for-flashlights-28mm-5297
adding that 28mm lens makes the light project a tight square beam! its good to 200yards. its not a hi-low mode though...(i also paint the reflector black with this lens)

they also have green(which i recomend for hunting)
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-w...-2-cr123a-20331
i have 2 reds, 2 greens, and 2 of the regular white lights. the green is alot brighter than the red. the red is only good for stuff under 100yards.

these lights are nice compact lights. everyone ive showed them to has ended up buying a few. they have a one inch body so its easy to mount them to a rifle, either onto the scope or rail(they have the mounts a DX as well) i have a green one mounted to the front of my ar15 with a regular weaver scope mount.(low profile enough to not be in the way of my scope) i have another green one i keep in my hand for scanning while calling.

i may write a review with some beamshots and the setup next week.

Those look nice, Often wondered about those lenses. The headlamp has one. If and when my dealextreme order comes in I may look into one of those. I start to get a little antsy when it's been over a month.

Pmack-

With your shooting light how far can you id on
Max, High Low?

Also what batteries would you suggest, i assume i could charge them in the headlamp charger?

-thanks

Originally Posted By: pmack Quote:If you need a red or green LED go to the place below:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/381...holesalers.html Shipping will be a lot on this light, but you can't find the red or green LED's anywhere else.

iLOVEthehunt....Have you got one of these through them? I don't want to play email tag with some guy named Lisa Weng who's going to tell me "no" in the end.

It's funny but I know exactly what you mean.
thumbdown.gif
I've bought one from the same company, but not in the same format. But this is the only place where you can buy only one of the lights and use a credit card to do so instantly. So it's like a normal website with a shopping cart. I don't know how they could try to not sell it to you when the website is setup like it is.

Originally Posted By: loadedjoeyou have all kinds of options, these LED lights are getting brighter and brighter!
what i use is:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-w...-2-cr123a-16240
with
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/glass-optics-for-flashlights-28mm-5297
adding that 28mm lens makes the light project a tight square beam! its good to 200yards. its not a hi-low mode though...(i also paint the reflector black with this lens)

they also have green(which i recomend for hunting)
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-w...-2-cr123a-20331
i have 2 reds, 2 greens, and 2 of the regular white lights. the green is alot brighter than the red. the red is only good for stuff under 100yards.

these lights are nice compact lights. everyone ive showed them to has ended up buying a few. they have a one inch body so its easy to mount them to a rifle, either onto the scope or rail(they have the mounts a DX as well) i have a green one mounted to the front of my ar15 with a regular weaver scope mount.(low profile enough to not be in the way of my scope) i have another green one i keep in my hand for scanning while calling.

i may write a review with some beamshots and the setup next week.

joe just put the fisheye lens in my red led 10 dollar light...its the bomb...as bright as the xlr250 but a tighter beam...and its red so guys should love it...how did ya figure it out..i think ive switched many parts but i never put the fisheye lens in the 501 red light till tonight...took the one from my 20 dollar headlamp and put it in the red 10 dollar led...i still like my amber g4s though also..
never tryed the red xl100 if the flood is like my 250 i dont want it...

happyyoter, it just took alot of reading and studying LED's. candlepower forum helped alot. i just stumbled across these and decided to give it a shot.
try the green ones out, they are brighter than the red!

Last edited:
i did some googling.

"Canines have two color receptors sensitive to yellow and blue wavelengths. While the well-known ROYGBIV (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) acronym covers color sensitivity of humans, coyotes have dichromatic (having or possessing two colors) vision. This changes the acronym to YYYWBBB for coyote eyesight. Coyotes have very little sensitivity in the green spectral region, which means that to them green colors appear in varying shades from white to grey. Light, bright green is white while darker shades of green appear as correspondingly darker grey. Take a look at any outdoor setting and you begin to get a sense of how radically different that scene looks to a canine. The abundance of green you see is, to them, not there. Instead, it is all shades of white to grey, with areas of yellow and blue"

Originally Posted By: loadedjoei did some googling.

"Canines have two color receptors sensitive to yellow and blue wavelengths. While the well-known ROYGBIV (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) acronym covers color sensitivity of humans, coyotes have dichromatic (having or possessing two colors) vision. This changes the acronym to YYYWBBB for coyote eyesight. Coyotes have very little sensitivity in the green spectral region, which means that to them green colors appear in varying shades from white to grey. Light, bright green is white while darker shades of green appear as correspondingly darker grey. Take a look at any outdoor setting and you begin to get a sense of how radically different that scene looks to a canine. The abundance of green you see is, to them, not there. Instead, it is all shades of white to grey, with areas of yellow and blue"

Soooo... whats better- yellow, red or green?

From what I get out of it is red is the top choice followed by orange and finally yellow. If you go to green it would show up white to a coyote. Please let me know if I am wrong?

Im deciding on either the G4 or the 802 for my scope light. Does any have both compared side to side and which one they would Buy?
I would like a comparison.

-Thanks

The 802 seems a little better than the G4. A little brighter and a tighter beam. You would expect that, the reflector on the 802 is quite a bit deeper than the G4. I also believe the R2 LED is better than the Q5. I hunted the last month of the NY predator season with the G4 and and amber filter. Had numerous fox (season was closed) inside 100 yards and they weren't bothered. The G4 has 5 modes but you only have to click once to turn it off. The 802 has 2 modes and you have to cycle through both modes to turn it off. I just got the 802 last Friday but haven't hunted with it.

Back