Remington 541t HB

tpsimon87

Im just curious about the Remington 541t HB. I have a trade offer on one and need to know what you might know about em. For example their value and accuracy?

Any help and information would be appreciated, Thank You

I have one, its pretty accurate. I shoot it nearly every day. don't care much for the plastic magazines, but its all you can get. As far as price, I got mine for $150. a few years ago, which was a really good price as usually they are at least 3 times that. I am sure you will get more replies than this. It is a good rifle for a 22.
Barry

My 541-S is a tackdriver with a match chamber and a perfect trigger. The T is the same action and trigger with a heavyweight barrel, I believe.
Excellent rifles!

I've got (3x) 541-S, (1x) 541-T, (1x) 541-THB and (1x) 541-X with a Voelker trigger.

Can you tell I like them?
smile.gif

Most are very accurate although I've heard of the weakest in accurate are usually the 541-T with the sporter barrels. Mine is very accurate so I haven't had that problem.

The 541-S is by far and away the most desirable and is usually very, very accurate.

Some of the later year models have adjustable triggers that you can really dial down to a clean, light break.

They're little brother is the less expensive 581 which is also typically accurate.

As for the value, for a nice 541-THB I would suspect anywhere in the $450 - $600 range. They are typically great shooters and balance fairly well for a heavy barreled gun.

My only gripe on the 541 series is the protruding plastic magazines. They can be had in 5 or 10 shot and I believe the Remington Nylon 77 magazines can also be used in them.

fun rifle. get it, if its not overpriced.
You can always build on the action as well.

SShooterZ has the right idea....get them all!
I have the 541-X CMP unissued. Refinished the stock. D&T for a scope...have not shot it yet!

My cousin had a 541S it was extremely accurate. So when I had the opportunity I picked up a "T", figured if a S was good a T had to be as good or better. It wasn't close to the shooter the S was. It was in an inch at 50 yards but that was it. I tried dozens of different ammo,worked with the stock, tried different scopes couldn't get it where I wanted it. Traded it on a CZ and am glad I did. The plastic mag is cheapo and pretty easy to drop out of the gun when your hunting.

Back