Running a scope with red dot offset

seasley

I am about to have my grendel finished and was wanting to ask you guys How to run a scope and reddot configuration?

Ever since I have used my aimpoint on my other rifle, I am pretty much hooked on red dot due to fast target pick up.
I have a new burris 4x16x44 I was going to use for long shots and then put a burris fastfire2 on it for 100 yrds or less, but need to know what mount to use or how you guys run this setup and if it is worth the extra expence

Last edited:
I run a Primary Arms Red Dot on a Daniel Defense 1 oclock offset mount. Yes I'm a lefty as well.
_MG_3792.jpg

_MG_3799.jpg

_MG_3808.jpg

Had no idea you could even run a setup like that, that is awesome. Seems like that could come in real handy for a yote that sneaks up behind you or something.

That is bad-[beeep]! That would have been the ticket more than once this year. What distance do you sight the reddot in for?

A lot of "Open Class" action competition shooters use a similar system where they are confronted with a combination of close and far targets...

Yankee Hill Machine makes a 45* offset mount in different lengths for just that purpose...

Most of the competitors that I know, set their red dots at 25-30 yards, as for competitions, it allows shooting targets in the 15-45 yard range pretty easily (most "A" zones are 3"x5", or a little larger) and require one hit there or two in the whole target (18"x30"), so they are just popping two really quick with the red dots, and moving to the next one..and there is no worry about parallax offset as when using a magnified optic..

Good Morning Folks!

Matt Burkett also sells mount for Doctor Optics style red dots. He has a new company called Predator Tactical:

I shoot 3 Gun as well and am a lefty.
Here are some of my competition toys!

IMG_0049.jpg

I have a Trijicon Acog ta31-doc with a Doctor mounted on top.
I like using Trijicon Accupoint Scopes for hunting and competition.
No need for an extra red dot. The way it is designed you can shoot at 500 yards and shoot 5 yards from an attacking wild boar. By using the Bindon Aiming system with both eyes open, it works like a red dot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of examples of what works for me. Both types are workable for lefties. Both will work on the AR-15. I use the red dots for targets under 75 yards. The angled mounts are a little harder to zero but not unmanageable. Check out the websites for TNVC and Larue Tactical for more info.

100_0556.jpg
100_0558.jpg

100_0534.jpg
100_0540.jpg
AimpointMicroT-1withSAR3PS.jpg
E_SAR3PS_RDP2.jpg
100_0537.jpg

Are there any other companies that you know of that make these type of offset ring mounts. Looking to find a cheaper version of this one

Last edited by a moderator:
Back