Gemstone tumbler

GrizleyHunter

I have this old gemstone tumbler how do you think it would work for tumbling brass.It is a rotary model with about a 2.5 gal tub.and what media would you use in it.

First IT WILL WORK! And that is the good news. It will, however, be a lot slower than a vibratory type. You can use any media that you would use in any other tumbler.

BTW, when reloaders first started tumbling to clean brass they used gemstone type tumblers.

Last edited:
chris112
Thanks I was hopeing it would work,and as far as it being slow all I got is time.Besides I can have the wife check the brass while I am doing dishes and washing windows-LOL

That stainless tumbling media is the BOMB! Only thing that might be better is the ultrasonic cleaners which I have never tried.

Originally Posted By: GrizleyHunterchris112
Thanks I was hopeing it would work,and as far as it being slow all I got is time.Besides I can have the wife check the brass while I am doing dishes and washing windows-LOL

From my experience just let the thing go for eight hours and it won't hurt a thing.

Originally Posted By: RRA223That stainless tumbling media is the BOMB! Only thing that might be better is the ultrasonic cleaners which I have never tried.

Stainless steel is the bomb. Don't even go down the ultrasonic road. It does work but it doesn't get you the same results and it is just a pain. Go for the Stainless Tumbling Media. promo code "hide2010" will get you a discount til the end of March.

Originally Posted By: GrizleyHunterchris112

LOL!! Good one
thumbup.gif

Back