Digital callers - anyone given up on them?

I have only been hunting yotes for a year or so and bought a FP Spitfire. Since, I have bought a closed reed CTD and an open reed JRD/Howler that I am learning how to use. This will lighten up my load and as already mentioned, satisfaction of calling em in on a sound I made....The concept of mixing sounds good to me also. Some of the educated yotes may come just that extra distance you need to take it out.

I haven't given up on my ecall which is a older entry level Foxpro 416B but I do seem to call in more with my hand calls. Maybe it is just luck of the draw as many times I don't call in anything with either(that I am aware of). This morning I did call in one with my Lil Dog but maggies drawers as he wheeled and ran when he spotted me. But it was a big thrill for both parties
grin.gif
. TTT

We have an FX5(FOXPRO) and it has worked well at times and so have my mouth calls. I believe the best way to use them is to use both on a stand. We use the FX5 for distress and some other calls and the mouth calls are for 'yote vocalizations. The thing that seems to trip them up most often for us is the FX5 playing some sort of distress and 40 yards away we let go with(usually) a single lone 'yote howl and then wait it out in silence. The target picks up the two separate locations and realllyyyy wants to investigate. Curiosity gets the coyote almost as often as hunger or fight mode.

Back