corbin 224 Bullet Swage Kit

Not a thing...try it out and let us know how it does!

Yep...I know, not exactly super helpful...but I still want to know
smile.gif

It is pretty pricey. I am curious as I may have hit a bit of a deal. I bought a whole bunch of stuff from a sale and this was sitting in there. Now I just need to know if someone knows about it and I may just start making my own jacketed bullets.

I think around 2 years ago I read a article in either fur fish and game or predator extreme on the kit. they tested it and they shoot pretty good. sorry I cant be of more help

Mike

What would you like to know?

I had one, years ago. Yes, they work and do produce some reasonably accurate vermin bullets. By the time you buy lead wire or the tooling to make it; your break even point will likely be about half a million bullets though.

If you are looking to get into the benchrest game, there are better options as well. Niemi and Detsch both make very good die sets that will work with a modified RockChucher press. If I were going to get into swaging for other purposes I would go here: RCE

Swaging is not something to jump into without a good bit of research, unless you have a bunch of money to throw away.
John

Well I am just really curious if it would be worth it to get into it or if it would be worth selling. I wished that I could find a video or someone close to me that can explain it a bit better.

If I were to sell them what would be a fair price? They are used and it does not have the CM-4 .185 Core Mold, 4-cavity adj.wt.

Last edited:
If you already have it; that sort of changes things. It would likely be wort your while to find the cd and instructions that come with the kit....especially if you like to shoot p-dogs. Have you seen this website:
ammosmith.com

I have the manual just no time yet to read through it. That is a great link that I will be watching tonight. Thank you.

Last edited:
pcammo. You suck! I am starting to get so intrigued that once one of them ends I am anxious to watch the other one. Going on # 6 right now.

Very interesting links. Again I appreciate it pcammo.

I have the RCE co walnut hill press and dies for doing the jackets. Bullets are delightfully accurate and I have run them through the swift at 35-3600fps with only a few arriving at the target in pieces.

My whole setup was around $1500 I think (bought it 6 years ago). if you factor in your time you don't save any money what so ever. Way I look at it though is on some nights you could sit around and watch TV or make bullets...

If your going to do it my recommendation is to buy a press set up for swaging. There is a world of difference between a specific swaging press and a regular reloading press.

I have a Corbin S-Press swaging setup that I bought used with the .224 dies, 22LR derimmer, & core molds for about $900 last fall. As with anything, there is a learning curve, but after the first few hundred bullets I can now pump them out fairly quickly. I also have some CH4D 9mm dies that I jerry-rigged to work in my s press and can pound out a significant number of all lead 9mm bullets in an afternoon. It's a fun hobby but definately not a money maker unless you invest in tooling for something a little bit more scarce than .224 bullets.

www.ammosmith.com has maybe an hour worth of video breaking down the use of a .224 swageing die set (RCE H dies) but it is the same process as with the Corbin stuff.

Also if you are interested in more bullet swaging stuff go over to the cast boolits forum and check out their swaging section, there is info on the Corbin stuff along with what people are using to make all sorts of different bullets.

So apparently I do not have the full set. I have Point Form Die, Core Seat Die and Jacket Maker. What would a good value for these be?

Back