Death to coyotes NOW

wagspe208

OK, I hunt coyotes occasionally. Fun, not to serious to me, etc. I have a problem now. About 1 month ago my dog was almost killed by some. Great dog, so I was pissed. Last night... coyotes 30' outside my door. I did not realize it until my Golden took off after them.
I need them dead by any means possible. Now, before you judge me and my methods... lose a pet of your own.. etc.
I want them dead. Poison? Trap? Hook? I don't give a [beeep]. DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!
Yes, I understand poison, hooking, trapping will also kill anything else. I can manage that. Bait out at dusk, in at dawn. Dogs, the opposite.
Wags

PS, if you want to post on how cruel it is... go ahead. Get it off your chest. I think hooking and poisoning is cruel too. so be it. My animals are more important than coyotes are. (to me) and I am at the top of the food chain.

Not sure what the point of your post is. Do what you have to do. I don't blame you for looking out for your property and animals.

Sounds like someone is blowing off steam more than anything. Instead of asking how to solve your simple problem, you should be out there taking care of it. I doubt anyone on here is going to give you unethical advice on how to hunt or kill any animals.

Just cause we hunt them doesnt mean we hate them.

Sounds like if you have hunted them you have legal means to dispatch them. So the question is, can you shoot/hunt on your property?

ok slow down there Wag, put some bait out, install a security light, put a couple of motion detectors out, put vasoline on your window sash for squeaks, sand bag on the window sill, make sure you can legally do this, and that you're shooting in a safe direction, and get some revenge.
don

Remeber, in IL night hunting with "lights" is a no no this time of year(goes out with fox season) although I am not sure what the ruling is for security lighting. I would still be pretty careful about (poison,hooking,etc - not familiar nor do I want to be with that) just because you bring your dogs in at dark, it doesnt necessarily keep them out of it during the day, nor the neighbors dogs, etc. Also again, no baiting expert here but the more times you visit your bait site don't your odds go down, especially if you go through the trouble of touching it twice a day. Might be easier just to keep a little better track of your animals till you can do it the ethical way (maybe in a pen unless you are out with them). Just some quick thoughts, no attacks. Good luck.

Ok, yes I am blowing off some steam. With that being said... I will try the motion light thing... makes sense. Thanks for the idea.

As far as being legal....well, in Illinois the Goveror tried to sell the senate seat, was caught, no jail. 2 former governors are/ were in jail. State cops kill kids in a 130 mph rush to a traffic accident.... I should fit right in. (this is sarcasm)

If the DNR gives me a ticket for protecting MY PROPERTY... well... I guess I deserve it. I'll take it and smile all the way to the dead dogs.

Wags

Last edited:
So, now... "ethical".

Is it unethical because it is illegal?
Is it unethical because it is cruel?
Is it unethical because some say so?

Is it more ethical to make a lame [beeep] shot on a coyote and wound it enough to die, but not for hours? Suffering? Isn't this cruel?

Is it unethical to protect your property by any means possible?

Is it unethical to use the 50 cal? It is unsafe. But a coyote would never have any idea it was in danger.

Is it more ethical to let your animals be killed and when the little 9 year old girl comes crying "what happened to Jake? Will he be ok?"

What would you do?

I am charging lights, foxpro, etc. I will try (and have been searching) using "ethical" methods. If that does not work in a week or 2 I will use anything at my disposal.

Judge may, shun me, lambast me. Whatever. Walk in my shoes and get back to me.

Or, if you have constructive ideas, let me have them too.
That is what I am looking for.

BTW, I thought long and hard about the "unethical" methods for over 5 weeks now. I have not resorted to them.

Wags

Thanks for letting me vent.

Feel yer pain man.

Been there done that.

Lost many valuable fowl and had my little girl stalked.

I got jumped all over for wanting season extended here and crucified for my feelings on coyotes.

It falls on alot of deaf ears here.

Theres some good people here but there are alot of idiots here too that dont care as long as they have some coyotes to shoot when the weekend rolls around.

They dont care about the folks that have to deal with these animals destructive nature all the time.

Its all about them and a coyote out of sight is out of mind and not bothering anyone.
rolleyes.gif

Chain your dogs by the house and if the yotes come looking for trouble you can shoot em and not worry about your dogs running off at the same time and fighting.

Wags,

I don't think anyone's on your case about things as much as they are trying to give you a heads up about the illegal things you mentioned doing.

I know we all get caught up in the passion of the moment, and want payback, especially when one of our pets are threatened or actually hurt....

BUT, lets take a look at WHY it's not a good idea to break the law for a second here...

You just posted it on the internet. (Contrary to the TOS about referring to breaking the law.)
Aside from that, people call the LEO guys all the time about something that concerns them that they read on the internet.

Poisons are strictly illegal and can have dire consequences when improperly used. Pets that belong to someone else, can get into it, then transmit the poison to a BUNCH of other animals, including children.

Hooks or that sort of thing is considered placing a "booby trap device" by most states, and is a felony unto itself if a device like that is found where anything can get into it.

Traps and shooting at night can lead to more problems from law enforcement.

Cruel has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of following the law, and being responsible while doing that....

And, you just think you are the top of the food chain....Just wait til you get that knock on the door....

I'd be surprised if this thread lasts the evening. But, in case it does, I hope you reconsider what you have posted as viable methods of dealing with a pretty simple problem.

Not trying to slam you here, just wisen you up a bit before it's too late. There are professionals you can call when you have these problems that will help you. Call them..PDQ.

Barry

Yep, that was some good advice from Barry.

Sorry if I came off harsh in my other post and I appologize.

I tend to get bitter as I age.

Get that from my fathers side of the family unfortunately.

I would never condone anything illegal.

Take care of your business and get er done.

Good luck to ya.
thumbup1.gif

Thanks guys. I have calmed down.
Cut a branch that was blocking my view. I can see 300 to 1200 yards out my bay window. I will just watch, be legal, and Mr. Nice guy.
I appreciate the advice.
I will go back to hunt, shoot, dispose of carcass.
Mod... drop the thread if discussions are inappropriate. I personally don't see discussions as a bad thing. Mao did. (come on this is a joke) LOL
Wags

Whatever you do be legal, but I just imagined if anything happened to my golden I would probaly be thinging the same thing you are. I would calm down( its sounds like you have) and start hunting or trapping.

Vaughan

Back