Delisting Wolves?

HPW

So Ken Salazar was just up the road from me yesterday announcing some new coal leases on BLM land here in Wyoming. That was a bonus for the state since WY will get a big chunk of those leases.

The thing that caught my eye in the local newspaper story today was a comment he made in regards to wolves. His remark was that he is "more optimistic than ever that Wyoming and federal officials can reach an agreement to remove wolves in the state from the federal endangered-species list".

This is being pushed to be completed before the recent agreement on the lawsuit to delist wolves in Montana and Idaho, but keep them endangered in Wyoming, Oregon, Washington and Utah goes into effect.

Here is the story I found online: Wolves

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

minnesotans have beeen de-listing them for years
wink.gif
but our great state just does'nt have enough brains to get revenue out of it
rolleyes.gif

Me too!!! I live right on the edge of the predator area and didn't go. I figured I'd wait till fall when the hides would be better. Mistake, BIG MISTAKE!!!Next time it opens I'll be out there, winter spring, summer, or fall!

Airdale
Me too!!! I live right on the edge of the predator area and didn't go. I figured I'd wait till fall when the hides would be better. Mistake, BIG MISTAKE!!!Next time it opens I'll be out there, winter spring, summer, or fall!

The problem is once they get de-listed, they will start turning up all over. Because everyone knows that they are only in the northwest part of the state.
rolleyes.gif

It will be hard to argue with fur on the ground.

I don't trust Salazar - I believe he was living on family money (possibly trust-fund), associating with the green hippies, in Boulder; while his father was running the ranch, and earning money!
Convince me otherwise!
Mark

Originally Posted By: HPWThe problem is once they get de-listed, they will start turning up all over. Because everyone knows that they are only in the northwest part of the state.
rolleyes.gif

It will be hard to argue with fur on the ground.

That's the main reason I DON'T want them de-listed. Then that huge oddly colored coyote I saw in Burns (very SE corner) will automatically turn into a wolf when I KNOW according to sources that it couldn't have been a wolf. We don't want wolves down here, so keep the list going!

The Anti-Wolf Hunt groups are pulling back a little right now, since they fear Congress may pass a bill to de-list wolves. They don't want that because of the time & cost to re-fight the new law. Salazar knows this and is trying to put a positive spin on this to comfort us and loll us to stop the pressure. I say fight to the death and drive these liberal elitists back into their holes. Or are you going to sit on your your butts and let these well educated artsy-fartsy types tell you how to live.

DON'T FORGET GOVERNMENT IS THE "ANTI-FREEDOM" FORCE.

Back