Girls Night

doodle

Thursday night is "girls night" at my house so the wife and her friends all get together to watch reruns of Grey's Anatomy. I love it because I'm not welcome there and have a free pass to go play. Knowing the ladies were comming over i packed the hunting gear with me to work and with no intention of going home first I went hunting as soon as I got done. Made it to my first stand around 4:30-5:00ish. It was a beautiiful day but windy and pretty warm for this time of year. The first set yeilded nothing but a large red squirel that must have thought he had pointy teeth because he was very interested in the rabbit sounds. Made my next set but snuck out early because the wind just wouldn't coaperatate. One of those where if I sat where the wind was right, I couldn't see a thing, but if the wind was wrong I had a great view. I knew I had time for one more before dark and decided to try my luck. I set up in the prone position (usually prefer much more cover, but as I said the wind was being beligerant) on top of a seep terrice in the middle of corn stubble 150 or so yards out overlooking to thin strips of timber, and a fence row. Placed the caller about 80 yards almost straight downwind of me in the fencerow. As it was quickly nearing dark I decided to start with a little lonesome howl. Nothing answered me. Two minutes later I let out three pup howls, and sure enough at 5min 18sec out walked a young female pup. I don't think I had to move the rifle it was pointed straight at her Perfect! Boom! Droped her. Fighting the erge to get on my cell phone and rub it into my buddies that were unable to come out on a Thursday, I hit the Ki-Yi, and just like all the Byron South or TBR videos three minutes later here came Pappa dog, a huge male 30lbs.+ Wow! What a great treat after work. My first true solo double.

CoyotedoubleMap.jpg

Little map I drew to help with my poor discriptions

double-1.jpg

I relize it is very dark, as I said it was an evning hunt and it is a cellphone pic

Last edited:
Good deal on the late evening hunt.... Before we moved a couple of years ago, I used to get in the same situation on "Card Night" when three to five other women would come to the house to play cards...

I can deal with my wife okay on a routine basis, but when I'm the only guy around the house full of women, it's time to leave for better surroundings..
lol.gif

Back